1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linksys WAG54GS and AOL

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by Hudzy, 12 Apr 2006.

1. Hudzy

Wise Guy

Just bought one of these to replace the Netgear DG834G I was using before. That had failed somehow and would lose the adsl connection every 10 seconds nearly for hours.

So I get this one home, set it up, only to find it works, but only just. That is some websites load, such as OcUK and google, others don't, such as pages google finds that look like they have some answers. MSN doesn't work, online games, windows update, etc.

Is there some known problem with this piece of kit and AOL?

2. [email protected]

Hitman

Hi,

Sounds like you need to change the mtu size, default will produce the problems youve mentioned.

Change it to 1400 and it should sort it :) (mtu is found in the wan setup page normaly :))

HTH,

Dave.

3. Hudzy

Wise Guy

Interestingly enough, I had already set this to 1400, learnt that from my last router. But I just changed it to auto and MSN loaded. I'll see what else loads now.

4. Hudzy

Wise Guy

Everything works now. :confused: Seems the 1400 thing doesn't apply here for some reason.

Oh well.

5. Magnumwolf

Associate

I have the same problem, I don't really no anything about routers and its as if by complete luck that i ever got my router working at all, Could anyone give me a more detailed way to solve this problem please? :D

I don't have the exact same router, but it is a linksys and i have AOL

I find that all pages work fine on AOL, but some pages mainly secure pages do not work when using internet explorer and fire fox.

As an example www.msn.com also does not work with internet explorer or fire fox but will work fine when using the AOL browser.

This problem is also blocking me from logging into MSN messenger

I would really like to get it fixed as AOL is slow and take ages to open.

Any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated

-Magnumwolf-

Last edited: 13 Apr 2006