Linux OR WinME for low spec PC email/net machine?

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Arial, Lucida, Times, Helvetica - All which work in other apps perfectly. I've read about the problem on the gentoo forums, but haven't found a fix yet that works for me.

Soldato
I've noticed a few bugs with idesk. The main one is that it seems to keep artifacts from other desktops in the image when you switch between ur different workspaces.

Kind of anoying really.

Soldato
Actually no, the transparent bits include artefacts from whatever you've got on desktop 1 by the looks of it, after a bit more testing that is :)

Soldato
No, changed my mind again :)

It takes artefacts from how the current desktop is when you load idesk, suppose it won't be a problem if i add it to the startup script of fluxbox, just a bit of a problem while im testing it and getting it setup the way i want it.

Associate
Originally posted by KevB
I'd be more concerned about not being able to access sites from Linux. Aren't there sites which only allow Internet Explorer to be used? (Not sure how much of a problem this is as I don't use Linux for web browsing)

Most browsers can spoof, it`s just a matter of returning a different user agent string to the webserver, even my amiga browers do it.

Back
Top Bottom