Liqtech AIO's proven to be defective and bad for threadripper CPU's

Associate
so after watching GN's damning assessment if the liqtech AIO coolers i was wondering will OC be pulling these products from the store and advising unwary buyers to steer clear of this product considering the price of a threadripper CPU taking a risk by purchasing a liqtech AIO is a no brainer

would like to hear directly from anyone here at OC regarding this issue

i will link the video mentioned any moderators please feel free to remove if i am breaking any forum rules

Soldato
Fire the idiot who signed off the components and fluid that make up that AIO package.

It's not as if it's an impossible task to check that everything plays nicely.

I've been using an unmaintainable corsair AIO for the last 10 years.

Man of Honour
That is just shocking. It would have been interesting if they cut the tank off a radiator or two to see if there is build up in the tubes as well. As this is a widespread issue these coolers should be removed from sale and a recall carried out.

Associate
OP
I bought one of these coolers for a clients build. Very worried that they will start to have problems soon. @Gibbo can you advise what we should do here? Cooler was bought from OCUK back in April.

same except i purchased mine elsewhere but have yet to use it on my TR 1st gen,tried selling it but no takers so looks like £150 down the drain

Soldato
same except i purchased mine elsewhere but have yet to use it on my TR 1st gen,tried selling it but no takers so looks like £150 down the drain

Grim.

I asked the client to run the HWInfo that I had installed on his machine. Temps running ok just now so it buys me a bit of time before this will have to be dealt with. Still would love @Gibbo to throw a few words in on anything he might have heard?

Soldato
as advised since thread ripper first came out, eisbaer or silentloop with TR4 bracket :D

hoping they go through other CLC units and pull them apart after 2 years use

Soldato
Is there a new revision of the cooler, given all the problems it has had? If so, is there a way I can check which version/revision of the cooler I got, if I bought it back in April from OCUK? Basically I need to know if I need to change the cooler in the clients workstation PC, or if I somehow got a revision version of the cooler with the problems sorted.

Associate
OP
Is there a new revision of the cooler, given all the problems it has had? If so, is there a way I can check which version/revision of the cooler I got, if I bought it back in April from OCUK? Basically I need to know if I need to change the cooler in the clients workstation PC, or if I somehow got a revision version of the cooler with the problems sorted.

yes even the newer version is suffering the same problems as you saw in the video if you watched it...there is something seriously wrong with whatever fluid they are using or metals they are using or both and the last thing you need to happen is for your clients TR CPU to go up in flames,i would hazard a guess that you may either have to strip the unit down and replace the fluid after running a cleaning solution through it or just replace the unit altogether with something better suited

Back
Top Bottom