List your PGR3 improvements for PGR4

Soldato
bingham67 said:
More cars its got to beat the daddy Turismo for me and more tracks more race circuits Donnington, Brands Hatch, etc etc :)

Again, thats not what PGR is about. Its a city racing game (ok so they had Nurburgring, but that track deserves a place in any racing game).

Soldato
Put the San Francisco tracks back in from MSR... Loved them Going full pelt down one of the steep hills and pulling the ebrake (Handbrake to us non japs) for muchos kudos...

And how about a built in radio streamer... Maybe a little interface to choose a stream from around the world... Would be cool...

Car damage to the extent of destruction... :D

Soldato
Anti Aliasing
60fps (awaits dirty dog :p)
More cities. PGR2 had what 10 as opposed to PGR3 having 4 andthe nurburgring
Slower cars. I liked working my way up to a 210 mph monster, bring back the clio V6's etc
Better music, radio stations on PGR2 where awesome, this one is duff, Cliassical, Rave,Rock and bangra (wtf?!?!)
Actual damage and not this little stone chip in the bonnet so they can say it has damage and GT series dont.
A clock would help.
Basdically spruce up the graphics on PGR2 to way better than PGR3, add in another 30fps and et voila, one of the best arcade racers around :D

Soldato
Nismo said:
Have you seen the route creator? ;)

Dont agree with car setups, that not what PGR is about and can stay with GT/Forza etc.

Seen the route creator and realised it allowed to create basically the tracks you already race. Copared to GT4's 50+ individual tracks PGR3 is a bit lacking.

I know it isn't about tuning but having the option would be nice. It seems to me very much a game of having the fastest car and you will win. In GT4 you can tune your car to give you better pull out of corners etc . In PGR3 its the same regardless.

Thats just my personal opinion and is also the reason why I got rid of PGR3. Don't get me wrong it is a good game but for me compared to GT4 it just doesn't cut the mustard.

Soldato
Fair enough, but they are different types of racing game and set out to acheive different things, so dont think its fair to compare the features of one game against another :)

Permabanned
Just my 2p, I wouldn't want to see PGR having proper race circuits - it is a street racing game as has been said. I also wouldn't want to see car tuning options personally. That's straying into Forza territory.

Soldato
simple - pgr3 was rushed, the people who made it admitted that, pgr4 should look way better they say, and id expect all the old content to be back in, its like rogue leader on the GC, that was rushed so they went back and did it again

Soldato
Wider variety of tracks.
Rep system that actually works.
Perhaps more cars that us normal folk use..would be funny to see some Clio racing.
Less jaggies.

Really Love PGR2 and PGR3 though so I don't have that much that I'd like to see apart from mainly making minor changes and making the game last a lot longer.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Cor! There's a lot about the jaggies! I've never noticed them that much.

More cities would be great, something like San Francisco or an Island run. Spaghetti Junction would be cool too, you'd end up with a few of us in Anglia whilst the others are in Wales!

Associate
the online issue was expected to be honest. You get it in every game really. It's the same as people bunny hopping in Halo2, hardly realistic is it? Same when you're racing down a straight and someone essentially PITs you into the raillings. It's just what you make of it at the end of the day. Getting your friends involved is where it's at and where it was intended to be at I think. At least that way you know who used you as a brake and can quickly rush round there and bash their heads in... hey, perhaps that was what the wireless controllers were for :D

There could be a lot of improvements to PGR3. The jaggies and the fps issues obviously for a start. I think the weather system would be hard to introduce but it would have been good to see rain at least, would have called for a totally different style of racing and them F50GT boys would have had to put their cars back in their garages and go for something with a bit less power. :D

More locations is a must. I'm not sure more cars is though. I found racing the missus in a ford KA on Gran Turismo pretty boring. When you're going that slow the tracks seem enormous and incredibly easy. There would have to be some smaller, tighter tracks for the slower cars if they were to implement them.

How about rallying as well perhaps..... ?

And stuff the Kudos system and replace it with lap times instead. Who cares if you racked up loads of points going round the hairpin sideways, you lost 5 seconds off your lap time in doing so lol.

My 2 (well ok slightly more) cents

Soldato
fragster said:
And stuff the Kudos system and replace it with lap times instead.

Yeah, scrap what the whole series (including MSR) is based on :p

Seems a few people are missing the point of PGR, its not meant to be a GT wannabe, its a type of racing game in its own right.

Associate
1. 4x Anti Aliasing
2. A proper HD resoultion!
3. Lower end cars, focus/scooby/golf and some aussie V8's etc
4. longer grass and dynamic weather effects
5. Pit ability
6. More tracks........Bathurst be perfect :)

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Deffo agree with lower end cars, such as the focus/Clio/Golf, and the mid range such as TT etc, as I can relate more to those. I've never heard of half the cars on PGR3!

~J~

~J~

Soldato
O, on a serious note, one thing I'd love to see is the ability to NOT have to change the resolution everytime I wanna play it! Having to go to the dashboard and change from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 is a tad annoying.

Soldato
OP
i see some people have meantioned fps issue's with PGR3, can you tell me where as i've not noticed and have raced every single track yet games like N4SMW and Full Auto clearly show fps issue's, i personally don't see a issue with 30fps that this game is locked at, clearly if it was 60fps it would be noticeable

Back
Top Bottom