Live For Speed

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I used to really enjoy LFS.

Then I got rFactor and have rarely played LFS since. I don't want to start the old rF v LFS argument, as it will rage forever.

All I'm saying is that for me, rF feels the better game, even with the latest LFS patch.

The Porshce Carrera Cup, Magane Trophy and McLaren F1 mods are just amazing.

Magane Trophy:

attachment.php

grab0079sw.jpg

Porshe Carrera Cup

grab0053ll.jpg

(Those aren't my screenshots BTW)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have RFS, it's ok, prefer the physics of LFS and LFS runs a lot more smoothly, RFS (every version I've tried on all sorts of machines) seems to judder at times.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
For me the physics of LFS just feel like driving on ice :(

I know LFS does the physics in a better way, but for me rF just feels 'right'.

Soldato
saitrix said:
Hyst got a 59:03 round the demo track with the BMW Sauber. How is that for a first time? No idea what times i should be getting.

Im sitting on a 54.72 at the minute.

Theres an OcUK server already if you get the full game. Best racing ive ever done, and woudl definately reommend it to anyone, its a bit difficult on a keyboard though.

Couple of videos I done on my webspace HERE

Last edited:
Soldato
£24 to get S2 licenced.

That is £12 to unlock the tracks/cars from the S1 section of it, and then £12 to unlock the cars/tracks from the S2 section of it.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
DreXeL said:
but for me rF just feels 'right'.

I'm a big fan of rF, especially since they added the stock cars in the last beta patch. And Lienz is just plain awesome, definitely the best track(s) in rFactor right now.

Anyone on here tried/bought netKar Pro yet? I'm really enjoying hotlapping in the Formula1600 :)

***edit***

And in other racing sim news - the '69 Mod Part II is coming out on May 5th for the best racing sim of all time....Grand Prix Legends. Can't wait :D

Ish

Ish

Associate
i have the full version of LFS but really need to spend more time on it to get better.

I'm also considering buying a DFP wheel but don't know if i should...decisions decisions!

I use a gamepad at the moment

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Ish said:
I'm also considering buying a DFP wheel but don't know if i should...decisions decisions!

Definately get a DFP. I started with a gamepad, but a DFP brings so much more to driving sims, it's worth every penny.

Associate
It's a great game, but very hard to play well without a steering wheel and pedals.

Mouse steering is do-able but using a keyboard for the accelerator and brakes means they can only be on or off. Once you get the hang of it, the best you can do is about 5 good laps before you cook the tyres.

If I had a steering wheel I would buy it in a heartbeat.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Caerdydd said:
....but using a keyboard for the accelerator and brakes means they can only be on or off.

Common problem to nearly all racing sims. In my experience, the only sim racing series that made the keyboard useable as a control device was Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series. I still run GP4 with the keyboard rather than my MS FF wheel :)

I remember when GPL first came out, and I didn't have a wheel at the time (my computer was barely capable of running GPL anyway). The first few months of running it were done with the keyboard controlling the cars. The only tracks I can get around properly with the keyboard are Watkins Glen and Silverstone :D

Soldato
Been playing GT Legends and I love the feel of the cars on that. The graphics and physics seem pretty good and the racing with 20 Cortinas/Alfas was very much close, intense and fun!! Real tracks as well, and a good Mod community providing more tracks especially the ring!!

Sadly though my online account won't allow me to log back in so I can't play it. Time to try LFS???

Back
Top Bottom