Liverpool to Redevelop Anfield

Don
OP
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I hope the increased capacity makes tickets easier to come by.

Don't get your hopes up. Of the extra 8,500 seats that the new main stand will bring, 6,000 of those will be corporate seats.

It will only be when the Anfield Road stand (and if/when they fill the corners in) is ready that a noticeable amount of regular seats are added.
Pretty sure a lot of the money is coming from the council, I'm sure that's what was said last year...

The council are paying for the regeneration of the area, they won't be contributing to the cost of redeveloping the stadium though.

Man of Honour
I think I'm right in saying that you've lost a fair few quid in the last couple of years as far as FFP is concerned, so does this announcement have anything to do with that seeing as it was made around the time you were guaranteed a CL place next season?

Caporegime
Great news, there's going to be an update to our ground situation on Tuesday at the AGM.

I look forward to the 52k stadium on Stanley Park, spade in the ground next week. ;) :D Thanks LCC.

Don
OP
I think I'm right in saying that you've lost a fair few quid in the last couple of years as far as FFP is concerned, so does this announcement have anything to do with that seeing as it was made around the time you were guaranteed a CL place next season?

No. Costs related to stadium work etc (which make up a large amount of the money we've lost) are not counted towards FFP.

Associate
Don't get your hopes up. Of the extra 8,500 seats that the new main stand will bring, 6,000 of those will be corporate seats.

It will only be when the Anfield Road stand (and if/when they fill the corners in) is ready that a noticeable amount of regular seats are added.

The council are paying for the regeneration of the area, they won't be contributing to the cost of redeveloping the stadium though.

I hope they never do this. It seems to ruin the atmosphere.

Don
OP
I hope they never do this. It seems to ruin the atmosphere.

There's little prospect of it happening anytime soon. The club are said to have drawings for it already however they were never mentioned when plans for the first phase were released and the club would have to do fairly major infrastructure work before they can go above 60,000.

Caporegime
Corporate seats hype while anyone 5'11" or over can't comfortably sit in any seat on mainstand, kop or annie road \o/

Don
OP
A few financials details on the build. The total cost of the new main stand will be approximately £115m, including all the land acquisition costs, which will be paid by an interest free loan from FSG. That loan is expected to be repaid in around 5 years from the increased match day revenue once the stand is completed.

Corporate seats hype while anyone 5'11" or over can't comfortably sit in any seat on mainstand, kop or annie road \o/

If I'm not mistaken all new seats added will have to be bigger to meet current regulations so the main stand should be fine once the work is finished and the Anfield road stand once that's done too.

Caporegime
But all the current seats will still stay garbage?

Its the worst out of any stadium I've been to. Old Trafford a close second

Back
Top Bottom