Liverpool v Man Utd racism

Jay

Jay

Associate
Gilly said:
Don't you think there could be a conflict of interests there?

Obviously there could be, but i would expect the staff at the FA of England to be professional enough to put their personal views to one side. There are plenty of professionals in all different areas of business that do this. I'm sure the CE would put his professional head on and have a professional opinion on the matter. The press are always going to use his Liverpool supporting status as an excuse of anything that goes in Liverpools favour and there are so many stupid people in the population that will take it as gospel as it's good reading.

You could say the same for the referee's, even players that play for one team but support the opposition team.

Then again Gilly, you could be 100% correct and it could be a conflict of interest.

p.s sorry for not staring the swear word out.

Associate
I'm quite cynical about accusations like this if true though i'm not sure what you can do except expose the player as an idiot and fine him.

On the point of home fans throwing stuff I have been an away fan at many grounds and I can confirm that some home fans certainly throw things. Stewards must pick up an awful lot of change after some games.

Soldato
Jay said:
you came across as "Liverpool fans are horrible dirty ******** that get away with everything because the CE of the FA supports Liverpool" with this quote "I know, every little helps really, doesn't it?"

And thats what angered me.

I am not anti-Liverpool, I am anti-F.A. Their organisation is rife with double standards, lets punish this player for doing this thing, lets not punish this player for doing worse. It's been going on for years. They target small things to pursue and purposely avoid the bigger problems in football. All teams have a set of diehard fans that'll do anything, no matter how disgusting to get one over on opposition fans. The F.A ignore it completely. My examples at Anfield were recent ones, the F.A haven't said a word about them.

And I think that having

Brian Barwick - Current F.A Chief Executive (Lifelong Liverpool fan)

Noel White - F.A International Committee Chairman (Liverpool Director, lifelong Liverpool fan)

Rick Parry - F.A Chief Executive 1992-1998 (now Liverpool Chief Executive Director, lifelong Liverpool fan)

is a conflict of interests. Whether it can be proven that they actually have influenced decisions is another matter.

Associate
There are more than just two people on the FA committee, what teams do the rest of them support? The people who chose Barwick must have all been liverpool fans as well then. Its a massive liverpool conspiracy!!!1111

I actually find it hard to believe that anyone puts any credence to this sort of thing or maybe I need a tinfoil hat.

The racist accusations need to be proven first before you can condemn the player or the FA with a supposed inaction.

Associate
fozzybear said:
I've just heard on talkSport news that there was an incident in the recent Liverpool v Man Utd match. Apparently, an un-named Liverpool player could be seen mouthing racist comments at a Manchester United player. Police refused to name the player involved.

I'm looking for more news online about this. Has anyone heard any more?

edit//

Here

It alledgedly happened in the recent Premiership match at Old Trafford.

deaf mancs on a wind up ? :rolleyes:

Associate
fozzybear said:
I know i'd much rather someone throw a coin at me than human waste.

This thread has soon gone off topic! It wasn't meant as an anti-Liverpool thread....honest!

Come on fella you know that posting such a thread would upset us liverpool fans.

Allegations denied

"It has been reported one of the players made an offensive comment in the closing minutes of the game. Investigations are ongoing."

The fans made the claims independently to police after watching the match on television.

The Liverpool player involved strongly rejects the suggestion, according to his club.

A Liverpool FC spokesman said: "The player vehemently denies these allegations. He has not used any such language."

No one at Manchester United would comment on the matter.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
scoopex said:
Come on fella you know that posting such a thread would upset us liverpool fans.

Since when do you know what i'm thinking?

I posted it asking if anyone had heard more on the story. It just so happens that i found a link after my initial post.

I do also state 'It allegedly happened in the recent Premiership match at Old Trafford'.

I suggest you read it again.

Associate
fozzybear said:
Since when do you know what i'm thinking?

I posted it asking if anyone had heard more on the story. It just so happens that i found a link after my initial post.

I do also state 'It allegedly happened in the recent Premiership match at Old Trafford'.

I suggest you read it again.

That win for Liverpool in the fa cup against manchester united must still hurt mate. ;)

Soldato
Vandle said:
I blame Chelseas pitch.

yeah and that special one

off topic/ I've got a link to a brilliant Gift Grub mock up of Mourinho and his half time team talk. Email in trust. I can't link it, there are naughty pictures. Or you could just google

mourinho half time team talk

;)

Soldato
OP
scoopex said:
That win for Liverpool in the fa cup against manchester united must still hurt mate. ;)

The win in the Premiership at OT meant more than the FA Cup if i'm honest.

I just don't like people telling me what MY motives were for starting a thread.

Associate
Yes, a deaf "fan" lipread the alleged racist abuse whilst watching the TV.

FFS.

Surely if the "alleged" event took place, the other players in the vicinity of Finnan would have shown disgust, and lodged the complaint - not someone in their front-room who thought they had seen something suspicious.

It puts an indelible scar on the name of Finnan, irrespective of if it comes to nothing, and that's 100% wrong.

Back
Top Bottom