LLC on a 9700k Z370f

Associate
So this is the first time I've overclocked but I think I get all the basic premises, but had a question for people with experience with Load Line Calibration.

Firstly do LLC voltage spikes display in software or are they only viewable by using a multimeter? Because I'm trying to get an overclock to set and leave for daily use and I have pretty bad vdroop, but I'm scared to have non stop high LLC in case of constant hidden voltage spikes cos I cant see anything adverse in CPU-Z or HwInfo.

At vcore 1.325v my avg voltage is around 1.312v for both level 5 and level 6 but stress load shows as low as 1.296v for level 6 and 1.286v for level 5.

According to IBT I'm stable at that voltage at all core 4.8ghz, 2 avx, but I ultimately want a 5ghz overclock. Should I stay at a high LLC or even push to level 7 and lower my vcore, or keep level 5/6 and push above 1.33v vcore? Obvious issue I'm going to have a minimum overshoot of 0.03-4v just to compensate for vdroop without LLC

Associate
OP
Follow up to this if people find it. Seems like the Z370 boards are weird and basically need LLC 6 minimum since 5 and below are really buggy even with new bios, since even at LLC 5 I would see load vcore minimums of 1.286v at bios vcore of 1.34v but see 1.312 load minimums at a bios vcore of 1.33v.

So with a vcore set to 1.33v, and LLC 6 I'm stable at 5ghz all core, no avx and a max load temp under 80c on non-avx load. Most games seem to barely break into the 60c range even with my chassis fans at 20% (minimum speed).

Additional information for people that buy an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm (I would presume the same bios controls for smaller models): Since there is 1 4-pin connector to control the fans, the vrm fan and the pump I was confused if and how to control everything, but found out from customer services, if u plug this into the CPU_FAN header, and set the fan curve to a minimum of 60% speed it will set the pump to 100% and the fans to 60%. This was very useful since I couldn't find this information anywhere online, even including the Arctic site. So always set the curve to a minimum of 60%.

Back
Top Bottom