1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local MP's - contact and usefullness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ~J~, 30 Jul 2006.

1. ~J~

Sgarrista

How do I go about contacting my local MP, and whilst I appreciate it's not down to one person and they can't wave magic wands, how influencial can they be when it comes to sorting things out?

2. Gilly

Man of Honour

IME they're rubbish at listening and doing.

Email their office to get in touch.

3. SideWinder

Consigliere

IME = In my experience, correct?

Back on topic, i've seen mine around the place. He doesn't seem to do much but he's easy to contact via the local council.

4. sidthesexist

Hitman

Mp's are only there to screw as much money out of the tax payer whilst totally ignoring their constituents, and were mugs enough to put up with it :mad:

5. ~J~

Sgarrista

So carp idea then? :p

6. scorza

Caporegime

MPs can be pretty useful, though not often. The actions they can take range from asking a question in parliament, to a concerted behind the scenes effort to put pressure on the government. If you're MP is in government though then they won't do anything as their responsibility is to the government first, not their constituents. Its a major oversight in our constitution imo.

Anyway, to find out your MP and contact them, here are two websites that may be of use:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

http://www.writetothem.com/

7. Sleepy

PermaBanned

The House of Parliamnet web site has a MP finder which give web and email addresses. Find Your MP

8. VeNT

Capodecina

strange but true - best MP that I've ever met was robert kilroy-silk when my mum was working in ormskirk (before I was born).
    he actualy would take time out to listen and act apon peoples needs etc (mum was working as an OT at the time, trying to get people adaptations etc to their houses).
    the people we get now don't seem to have the time of day for anyone who doesn't have a suitcase full of 50s.

heres my current one

http://www.juliagoldsworthy.org/

(awaits people with "I'd hit it - WITH A BRICK" replys)

9. Gilly

Man of Honour

And now look at the state of him.

10. VeNT

Capodecina

people change :(
    but he was a good man, (I met him after he stopped being the MP for ormskirk before anyone asks)