Locked myself out of my S7

Soldato
I set up my password and thumbprint to stop the kids fiddling with our phones, this was a week ago.
Today my phone says i have to use the password, not my thumb. (in case somebody cut my thumb off when they stole my handset i assume).
I put in my password, it doesn't work. I put in my other password, that doesn't work. I go through my eight(ish) passwords and i'm at the "wait 30 seconds" stage.

So i jump onto the laptop, go to the google page to find my phone and change the password and leave myself a funny message.
My phone goes beep and shows the funny message, but the password i set (a simple on, wifes DOB) doesn't work. The password message on the phone still tells me that my password has at least 4 characters and that includes at least one letter. Oh dear. Is that a default message or have i changed a different password and my phone is still locked with the password i've forgotten?

I know i can just do a reset (i don't have the samsung account enabled on this handset) but i'd rather not lose the script notes i've made on there (phone needs to unlock before i can access files).

Have i done something stupid? (surprising i know)

Thanks

edit - ended up wiping the phone, gutted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom