Logan Paul vs ksi pro fight 9th nov

Soldato
OP
This isn't boxing, this is two idiots vying for attention and as mentioned this will not attract new BOXING fans.
I had similar feelings towards the farce between Mayweather and McGregor.

A friend of mine's nephew was UK champion class (and potentially higher) but a few injuries and MAINLY boxing politics his career never came to anything. 15 plus years of training missing out on a huge amount of life growing up and little to show for it. Yet these clowns are given mainstream media attention for nothing more than a freak show.

Logan Paul was actually a state champion wrestler and is looking good for an mma career.

Soldato
This is nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

Precisely, marketing to bring in more revenue and fans for the sport - that's clearly the end goal here.

As a fan of the sport, i do genuinely feel this attempt should welcomed, anything to help push the sport in today market to more people is only a good thing.

Is it a professional high skill fight when compared to people who have dedicated their lives to a profession? Absolutely not. Not even worth arguing that point.
Is it going to be entertaining? for many people yes!
Is it going to make lots of money and create a buzz around boxing? Yes!
Will it bring new revenue and viewership to sport? Yes! even if it is for a short time only. This money could then be used to help promote more professional fighters, bigger events etc. Hopefully for the dedicated professionals.

I see the above as mainly positive things.

And if you knew anything about either influencer's its basically a win win! Watching either get knocked out is going to be entertaining.

Soldato
I don't see the problem everyone is having with this fight or the fact Devin Haney and Billy Joe Saunders are on the undercard.

At the end of the day it's two people still getting into a ring with the intention of battering the other. Still takes balls to step into a ring with that especially when you have thousands/millions watching. Sure it's not going to be a slick fight and one for the ages but as long as they both give it a good go and have a little tear up, what's the problem. It'll still be entertaining.

In boxing it's not just your skills you need. You need to be able to sell yourself to make sure the public either love you or love wanting to see you lose (Mayweather effect) if you want the big money pay days. How many taleneted boxers have there been who just haven't got the personality. On the other hand you have people like Dave Allen who is area level at best yet he has a huge following.

I may still watch the fight and the under card yet. I bought Mayweather vs Mcgreggor so why not this, same sort of circus act.

Soldato
I don't see the problem everyone is having with this fight or the fact Devin Haney and Billy Joe Saunders are on the undercard.

At the end of the day it's two people still getting into a ring with the intention of battering the other. Still takes balls to step into a ring with that especially when you have thousands/millions watching. Sure it's not going to be a slick fight and one for the ages but as long as they both give it a good go and have a little tear up, what's the problem. It'll still be entertaining.

In boxing it's not just your skills you need. You need to be able to sell yourself to make sure the public either love you or love wanting to see you lose (Mayweather effect) if you want the big money pay days. How many taleneted boxers have there been who just haven't got the personality. On the other hand you have people like Dave Allen who is area level at best yet he has a huge following.

I may still watch the fight and the under card yet. I bought Mayweather vs Mcgreggor so why not this, same sort of circus act.

Totally my mentality as well.

Im buying the fight for sure. I find the whole buzz around it very interesting.

Permabanned
Precisely, marketing to bring in more revenue and fans for the sport - that's clearly the end goal here.

As a fan of the sport, i do genuinely feel this attempt should welcomed, anything to help push the sport in today market to more people is only a good thing.

Is it a professional high skill fight when compared to people who have dedicated their lives to a profession? Absolutely not. Not even worth arguing that point.
Is it going to be entertaining? for many people yes!
Is it going to make lots of money and create a buzz around boxing? Yes!
Will it bring new revenue and viewership to sport? Yes! even if it is for a short time only. This money could then be used to help promote more professional fighters, bigger events etc. Hopefully for the dedicated professionals.

I see the above as mainly positive things.

And if you knew anything about either influencer's its basically a win win! Watching either get knocked out is going to be entertaining.
Sorry I’m just not buying it at all you might as well go and find your local white collar boxing event because that is the level of this fight.

I’m not convinced that this will bring in any fans either. This is a side show at best and I really doubt the those watching this are suddenly going to discover the world of boxing. If they didn’t know what it was before 2 random blokes having a low level windmilling session is not going to suddenly turn them into ppv buying fans.

I’ve heard Hearn discuss why he wanted a piece and it’s money motivated. The End.

Soldato
Sorry I’m just not buying it at all you might as well go and find your local white collar boxing event because that is the level of this fight.

I’m not convinced that this will bring in any fans either. This is a side show at best and I really doubt the those watching this are suddenly going to discover the world of boxing. If they didn’t know what it was before 2 random blokes having a low level windmilling session is not going to suddenly turn them into ppv buying fans.

I’ve heard Hearn discuss why he wanted a piece and it’s money motivated. The End.

Yes, of course its money motivated, no point shying away from that to a degree, but tats not the point I am making here.

For what its worth, I do actually enjoy white collar boxing events, as well as top tier professional fights! Appreciating a sport across ALL skill levels, And I dont think that should be frowned upon.

Soldato
OP
They've had a year to train from last fight and have Mayweather people and Briggs on each side, apparently training everyday also, so I'm hoping they've vastly improved. Why shouldn't they.

Caporegime
Can't say I know who KSI is but I do know who Logan Paul is owing to his suicide video. The guy is a tool, I hope KSI sparks him out.

As for watching it no of course not.

Soldato
Just as an idea of the scale of this spectacle, their most recent press conference held in London last night has over 5 million views already - that's not to be sniffed at at all.

Soldato
So who do people think is going to win?

I'd like to say KSI. But we know Logan Paul has improved since the last fight. I guess the question is how much as KSI improved? If he's improved to then he's got a good chance.

I think the early rounds are going to be more crucial this time.

Soldato
After the Niola Adams retirement re: eye concerns, and the recent publicity about dementia in pro-footballers, seems a bit of a risky concern per-se.
Article today about the similar (historic) demise of duelling .. people saw sense.

Back
Top Bottom