1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G5 and Black Icemat

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Street, 28 Jul 2006.

1. Street

Sgarrista

I've just bought myself a nice shiny new icemat for my G5 to sit on... But it doesn't work with it! Is this an incompatibility between the two? Suppose I should have checked on here first before I bought it... But I assumed a mouse mat was a mouse mat!

2. FirebarUK

Soldato

Yeah, known to not work together. I can heartily recommend the Qpad, I've got my G5 on one of those and they're great :)

Last edited: 28 Jul 2006
  3. Edgar

Associate

theres a flash update on the logitech site which updates your mouse so it can track on more surfaces, that should sort you out :) It worked for me anyhow...

4. Street

Sgarrista

Nice one, I'll give that a go:)

Shame to see my birthday present to myself not be any good:(

5. Street

Sgarrista

Sweet... Worked a treat:D

I've never heard of flashing a mouses firmware before though, cheers for the help:)

Edit: Actually.. Does anyone have any idea how the hell that has made it work?

Last edited: 28 Jul 2006
  6. quadboi

PermaBanned

Got an mx518 sitting here on the icemat, excellent.

7. [email protected]

Wise Guy

At a guess i'd say its probably changed a setting for scan rate / sensitivity or similar that will allow it to pick up on reflections from a different surface type...

M

8. SameSuspect

PermaBanned

you boys with the g5 find the wheel button hard to click? does it ever smooth up?

i still havnt got used to this mouse from my old basic optical. Im stopping myself from selling it though, just gotta give it some time?

9. Street

Sgarrista

I prefer mice with the wheel a bit harder to click.. My old one just went round and round with no resistance and it didn't feel as good!

10. SnipaMasta

Associate

Why do you need a mousemat for an optical/laser anyway?

11. AdamEW

Gangster

its true a mousemat is often not needed on quite a few desks however I thing allot of people just like the feel of a mousemat more

12. SameSuspect

PermaBanned

a decent mousemat is loads smoother than a desktop surfice, fabric mousemats dont need cleaning either, and mouse feet never get dust stuck to them

13. [email protected]

Wise Guy

An uneven surface has varying reflective properties - these can cause variation in the amount of movement a mouse picks up.

A surface with standard reflective properties will perform without variation...

M