1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G5 or Razer Copperhead...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by smids, 4 Feb 2006.

1. smids

Soldato

Simple question. I'm really after a wired gaming mouse as I don't trust wireless and I have so many different wireless things I'm sure I will get some interference.

I just don't know. I've used to have a Logitech MX510 so I'm used to the Logitech ergonomics....

2. benjo plz.

Capodecina

Well stick to what you know and get the logitech tbh

3. smids

Soldato

But isn't the copperhead really good...

4. benjo plz.

Capodecina

In essence there is not a huge difference between the G5 and the Copperhead.

5. Aidoscuz

Hitman

I can personally recommend the Copperhead - it's by far the best mouse I've ever used in every regard. It's really down to whichever shape you prefer, so the best thing to do would be to test both of them before buying if you can. I wasn't mad about the Logitech shape so I went for the Copperhead and I'm incredibly happy with it.

6. benjo plz.

Capodecina

Yes, indeed it is, I personally am left handed, so use Razer mice as MS and Logitech gaming mice are mostly right handed. The shape takes a little getting used to (although imo the Boomslang's shape is better) but is great once you've gotten use to it, although I know a few people who use logitech's and hate the shape of the Razer. Neither mouse is perfect, so both have their faults, although as they are pretty much the same, the choice is down to you.

7. Lonz

Wise Guy

Its a big debate between mice, you're not going to tell the difference between 1600 or 2000dpi. Its all about personal preference. If you're that fussy, go down to your local PC shop, and try them out for yourself.

8. Hades

Caporegime

Between the Copperhead and an MX518 (which is similar in shape to a G5) I far prefer the Copperhead.

9. benjo plz.

Capodecina

They're both the same dpi anyway. :p.
    MX518 != G5.

They use different engines, the G5 and Copperhead use the same engines.

10. Hades

Caporegime

Yes I know. But I find that the difference between the MX518 and Copperhead is not down to the engine. In use the sensitivity is fine on both. It's the shape of the Copperhead which I like.

11. benjo plz.

Capodecina

Fair enough.

12. DaveBennett

Hitman

A vote for the G5 here, tbh Ive not used the copper heads but I have used the G5 and there great.

13. smids

Soldato

I've had to take into account I've just been using an MX510 for about a year so I went with the G5. Many thanks for all of your replies, greatly appreciated.

It would be a big learning curve switching to the Razer and I'm a lucky righty, unlike you lefties who get 'left out in the cold' - muahah.... OK very poor joke. It's early and I haven't had breakfast yet :rolleyes:.

14. ScarySquirrel

Capodecina

copperhead

15. Larok

Gangster

Have you got a mouse pad as well. I have the g5 with a s&s steel. With the s&s supplied feet on the g5 it is really smooth. Nice quality feel to the mouse when worn in a little.