Logitech G5 or Razer Copperhead...

Soldato
Simple question. I'm really after a wired gaming mouse as I don't trust wireless and I have so many different wireless things I'm sure I will get some interference.

I just don't know. I've used to have a Logitech MX510 so I'm used to the Logitech ergonomics....

Associate
I can personally recommend the Copperhead - it's by far the best mouse I've ever used in every regard. It's really down to whichever shape you prefer, so the best thing to do would be to test both of them before buying if you can. I wasn't mad about the Logitech shape so I went for the Copperhead and I'm incredibly happy with it.

Soldato
Aidoscuz said:
It's really down to whichever shape you prefer, so the best thing to do would be to test both of them before buying if you can.
Yes, indeed it is, I personally am left handed, so use Razer mice as MS and Logitech gaming mice are mostly right handed. The shape takes a little getting used to (although imo the Boomslang's shape is better) but is great once you've gotten use to it, although I know a few people who use logitech's and hate the shape of the Razer. Neither mouse is perfect, so both have their faults, although as they are pretty much the same, the choice is down to you.

Associate
Its a big debate between mice, you're not going to tell the difference between 1600 or 2000dpi. Its all about personal preference. If you're that fussy, go down to your local PC shop, and try them out for yourself.

Soldato
Lonz said:
you're not going to tell the difference between 1600 or 2000dpi.
They're both the same dpi anyway. :p.
Hades said:
Between the Copperhead and an MX518 (which is similar in shape to a G5) I far prefer the Copperhead.
MX518 != G5.

They use different engines, the G5 and Copperhead use the same engines.

Man of Honour
Phnom_Penh said:
MX518 != G5.

They use different engines, the G5 and Copperhead use the same engines.

Yes I know. But I find that the difference between the MX518 and Copperhead is not down to the engine. In use the sensitivity is fine on both. It's the shape of the Copperhead which I like.

Soldato
OP
I've had to take into account I've just been using an MX510 for about a year so I went with the G5. Many thanks for all of your replies, greatly appreciated.

It would be a big learning curve switching to the Razer and I'm a lucky righty, unlike you lefties who get 'left out in the cold' - muahah.... OK very poor joke. It's early and I haven't had breakfast yet :rolleyes:.

Associate
Have you got a mouse pad as well. I have the g5 with a s&s steel. With the s&s supplied feet on the g5 it is really smooth. Nice quality feel to the mouse when worn in a little.

Back
Top Bottom