Logitech Officially Discontinues Harmony Remotes

Associate
This is indeed bad news. My only hope is that someone else takes over the role. Increasing good quality products coming out of china. A chinese brand could easily fill the void.

I guess the reason for the various activities being stored on a server, is so a PC isnt needed to setup the system and store/modify the setup.... they could move that local so the server is then optional... that would require some work on there end though

Caporegime
I have an htpc, virgin box, TV, and soundbar controlled by my Harmony.

It's so convenient and I'll now need at least three remotes and a load of input selection fanny aboutery to do the same job.

Come on China fill the gap for half the price.

Associate
Yeah a proper remote with buttons all day. I dont want a touch screen, i dont want to talk to it either.

A simple remote to do complicated things.

I also like how sometimes you have buttons on the Harmony, that you dont get on the actual remote. To change the input from tv to hdmi1 or 2 with my tv remote, i have to go into the input menu then move to the appropriate input. With the harmony, i can make it go direct to any input. Really handy

Soldato
Yeah a proper remote with buttons all day. I dont want a touch screen, i dont want to talk to it either.

A simple remote to do complicated things.

I also like how sometimes you have buttons on the Harmony, that you dont get on the actual remote. To change the input from tv to hdmi1 or 2 with my tv remote, i have to go into the input menu then move to the appropriate input. With the harmony, i can make it go direct to any input. Really handy

Those are called discrete codes or

Power on
Power off
Hdmi1
Hdmi2
Etc

Back
Top Bottom