Logitech Powerplay Mousepad Interference

Associate
Hi Folks -

I have a G502 wireless mouse and I live it due to the shape and the extra buttons to the left of the LH main mouse click.

I have the Powerplay pad which in theory works great with the exception of one major issue - sound interference.

I use a GoXLR which connects to a wireless transmitter for my Steelseries Arctis Pro headset.

The issue is that the mouse pad randomly creates loud pulsing sounds through the headset.
I think it's being picked up by the 3.5mm cable between the GoXLR and the wireless transmitter.

I've tried moving this further away from the pad - I've even put in a ground loop isolator in line with the 3.5mm cable and it doesn't do much.
The only way to stop it is to unplug the pad.

It's annoying as the mouse/pad work great together!

Searching online I can see others reporting the same thing along with a possible Vive interference issue.

Has anyone come across this themselves/found a solution?

Thanks!!

Associate
I actually get them same interference aswell with my powerplay mat which is really annoying.

EDIT: so i did some digging and there is not a single fix for it but they is a way which is to turn the charging off which will stop the static noise but ofc its not charging the mouse up. If the icon is greyed out the go to the logitech website and grab the new firmware and update it. This is the only fix ive found so i will turn my charging off and only use it when my mouse gets low.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I actually get them same interference aswell with my powerplay mat which is really annoying.

EDIT: so i did some digging and there is not a single fix for it but they is a way which is to turn the charging off which will stop the static noise but ofc its not charging the mouse up. If the icon is greyed out the go to the logitech website and grab the new firmware and update it. This is the only fix ive found so i will turn my charging off and only use it when my mouse gets low.

Interesting, thanks!!
I actually ended up unplugging it entirely as it was doing my head in!!

I'll give that a go.

Associate
Hi Folks -

I have a G502 wireless mouse and I live it due to the shape and the extra buttons to the left of the LH main mouse click.

I have the Powerplay pad which in theory works great with the exception of one major issue - sound interference.

I use a GoXLR which connects to a wireless transmitter for my Steelseries Arctis Pro headset.

The issue is that the mouse pad randomly creates loud pulsing sounds through the headset.
I think it's being picked up by the 3.5mm cable between the GoXLR and the wireless transmitter.

I've tried moving this further away from the pad - I've even put in a ground loop isolator in line with the 3.5mm cable and it doesn't do much.
The only way to stop it is to unplug the pad.

It's annoying as the mouse/pad work great together!

Searching online I can see others reporting the same thing along with a possible Vive interference issue.

Has anyone come across this themselves/found a solution?

Thanks!!
for years I have had this problem, and only just found out what the cause is. it affects my recording devices in other rooms as well. so not magnetic interference. I tried a self-powered hub, also tried plugging it in to a usb plug, and it still gets interference in other devices.. massive oversight from Logitech.

Back
Top Bottom