London accommodation advice, please

Associate
Hi, I was hoping somebody might be able to help me out. I'm about to move down to London to start a new job in mid November and am just in the process of sorting out accommodation.

Could somebody recommend me a website which could help me find a studio apartment to rent. I'm looking at a budget of £200 a week, although I would like to spend less.

Also, I'd quite like to live in North London - hopefully on either the Bakerloo or Northern lines. could anybody recommend a decent area which fits this criteria. I have absolutely no idea about where would be a good place to live.

daz

daz

Soldato
Where will you be working?

£200 is a decent budget for sharing a nice place or perhaps at a stretch getting a one bedroom flat in zone 1 (studio would be easier). Living outside zone 1, even just a little can save you a lot of money (or get you a much better place for the same).

www.gumtree.com is worth looking at, as are the following estate agents:-

www.winkworth.co.uk
www.kfh.co.uk
www.ludlowthompson.com

Soldato
£200 a week will get you some awesome places! :)

In addition to the sites posted by daz, I'd also recommend www.rollonfriday.com, look for the accomodation bit as there's a lot of flats around your budget there.

Personally I really like Camden, it's not everyone's cup of tea but I love it :) Fantastic transport links too and only a few minutes from Kings Cross where you can pretty much get anywhere.

The best place will also vary a lot depending on where you're working, if it's in the Square Mile then Islington is a good bet.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

Back
Top Bottom