London Bridge Incident

Caporegime
I understand the difference, the issue is it has to be crushed now before it gets any bigger.

This decapitating death cult that is spreading across Syria and Iraq and you would sit idle?

Scary thought.

People don't disagree that it existing is a bad thing, but it's not really bunch of people with a leader planning everything centrally. People do things in the name of IS, IS media will claim that the person was one of theirs. It's not a conventional enemy in any form.

Trump has his plan for eliminating IS within 90 days I believe, ask him how that's going.

Man of Honour
What about those who go to fight against Isis? Or those professional mercenaries mostly ex service types employed around the world in Iraq and the like?

I might be wrong but didn't the Manchester bomber join up with rebel groups, being trained by the CIA and fighting against ISIS?

Caporegime
It was obvious what he meant.
It was, but he didn't say it, he said something that would have gross consequences. The same as it's "obvious" what's meant when the government talks of cracking down on the use of the internet by terrorists, paedophiles and other bogeymen, then the legislation comes out and all of a sudden everyone can be watched. Great success.

Soldato
Well the hate preaching is strong with Tommy Robinson in his latest youtube video regarding this event (I won't link because it's heavily laden with swearing), he's almost trying to incite indiscriminate action against all Muslims talking about militia action etc

He does have a point about radical Islam, but the way he goes about expressing it is so inept, using a sledge-hammer to crack an egg would about sum it up.

Associate
People don't disagree that it existing is a bad thing, but it's not really bunch of people with a leader planning everything centrally. People do things in the name of IS, IS media will claim that the person was one of theirs. It's not a conventional enemy in any form.

Trump has his plan for eliminating IS within 90 days I believe, ask him how that's going.

Its not a conventional enemy, correct.

But an enemy non the less.

The genesis of ISIS, Al-Qaeda, bought America to its knees on 9/11 thanks to Afghanistan being left to rot for 20 years.

You cannot allow it to grow and its needs to be destroyed now.

Soldato
Its not a conventional enemy, correct.

But an enemy non the less.

The genesis of ISIS, Al-Qaeda, bought America to its knees on 9/11 thanks to Afghanistan being left to rot for 20 years.

You cannot allow it to grow and its needs to be destroyed now.

Ahh now you say? Clearly we had just been holding back until now...

Associate
Ahh now you say? Clearly we had just been holding back until now...

By now i mean stronger actions taken by the government within the UK, as i said earlier...Shut down all Saudi funded mosques, arrest, imprison and or deport the preachers spreading this hate.

Encourage peaceful Islamic preachers to spread UK culture and values... if they don't then they have no place in British society.

Soldato
By now i mean stronger actions taken by the government within the UK, as i said earlier...Shut down all Saudi funded mosques, arrest, imprison and or deport the preachers spreading this hate.

Encourage peaceful Islamic preachers to spread UK culture and values... if they don't then they have no place in British society.

I'm not really clued up on the Saudi angle of things but I do agree they should come down hard on the hate preachers. Problem is if they're anything like that last one (anjem?) then they're smart enough to stay within the law with their preaching. I would imagine not a lot of it is done in a public setting so it's hard to catch them in the first place let alone prosecute them.

Yes we could change the law to be more inclusive I guess.

Soldato
I understand the difference, the issue is it has to be crushed now before it gets any bigger.

This decapitating death cult that is spreading across Syria and Iraq and you would sit idle?

Scary thought.

The Nazi's were also having trouble with "terrorism", so they went to the nearby town and killed 100 people at random every time one German solider was killed. Did that help them?

Spreading fear via the media is the main problem here, do not submit to fear or hate, not ever.

Associate
I'm not really clued up on the Saudi angle of things but I do agree they should come down hard on the hate preachers. Problem is if they're anything like that last one (anjem?) then they're smart enough to stay within the law with their preaching. I would imagine not a lot of it is done in a public setting so it's hard to catch them in the first place let alone prosecute them.

Yes we could change the law to be more inclusive I guess.

Anjem Choudry is a very clever man and got away with his vile spew for years due to his vast knowledge of UK law as he was a lawyer but also the UK government were so weak to stop him for fear of being branded racist.

Saudi Arabia is ISIS organised.

They decapitate there own citizens, stone to death, enforce a very strict Islam law under Wahhabi.

Problem is the UK has been working with Saudi for years due to their oil supplies and to have a 'friend' in the middle east, we are selling this millions of arms so they can bomb the Yemen.

Saudi/UK relations need to be re-thought if we want this problem seriously addressed.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Saudi arent the only ones that enforce Sharia Law in the muslim world, its quite a lazy argument to say its just wahabbism/salafism that is the root cause, theres many more factors at play. Wahabbism/salafism was a reformist movement akin to protestantism in christianity.

The biggest issue, is that Islam is currently going through its 'dark ages',there is a serious lack of leadership in the muslim world, which has lead to all these splintered groups within sunni islam, sadly the various outside power players in the middle east havent helped as conflict is money. Until the leadership issue is solved, the situation wont really improve.

Soldato

I don't think anyone would disagree with that sentiment

The problem I see here though is people have wildly different interpretations of what 'UK culture and values' means

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
I don't think anyone would disagree with that sentiment

Regents mosque in london, is one of the biggest and oldest mosques in the UK, and also Saudi funded.you would want thats shut down? This 'idealogy' isnt being spread in mosques, ive been to 20 mosques up and down the country over the years, ive yet to come across the hate preaching

Associate
Apparently French Special Forces have a mission in Iraq and Syria; to hunt down and kill all French jihadis fighting for the Islamic State.

The French couldn't find their a*se in the dark with a torch. They've never gotten over Algeria and the mess they made out of that, they didn't mind Muslims when they were fighting FOR France, they just got annoyed when they started wanting to determine their own destiny.

Caporegime
Regents mosque in london, is one of the biggest and oldest mosques in the UK, and also Saudi funded.you would want thats shut down? This 'idealogy' isnt being spread in mosques, ive been to 20 mosques up and down the country over the years, ive yet to come across the hate preaching

I think it's disingenuous to claim that there's no hate preaching in mosques, it's as inaccurate as it would be to claim that all mosques preach hate. Finsbury Park mosque for example was pretty notorious for it, though I believe that's all be flushed out now.

Man of Honour
Just listening to the witnesses on BBC news, and that poor woman who works for the BBC. Absolutely awful.

Absolute stronger actions are needed, reasonable ones, but much, much harsher.

Back
Top Bottom