London Pics

Associate
OP
Loving that last shot Andy. I think the lighter background, particularly as it's a drawing works really well compared to mine. Nice shots.

BTW, No the images aren't too large.

Soldato
Ok, my efforts..... anyone mention how coooold it was ? Colder than a polar bears testicles!!!

Picture 140.jpg

Picture 157.jpg

Picture 175.jpg

Picture 184.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Rich: For the clock face on my shot, I reduced the exposure by -2ev on Nikon Capture from the RAW file, then upped the shadows to bring the rest up a bit. RAW converters can recover quite a lot of highlight, I find. Love the London Eye shot - that came out very well! You also seem to have less people than my ones - damn people! (I feel even more guilty that I didn't actually carry around a tripod, and just fed off RichDay!)

ranarama: As others pointed out, I like the skateboard pano best - it has a great feeling of motion. I didn't get much out of the South Bank skatepark... Oh, and I remember the person who rather cooperatively remained in the same spot in front of the fountain...

Andy: First and Last one are my favourites. You seem to have the best shot at the skater so far! The colours in the fountain shot is great too - blends together very well.

SDK: Both shots you posted are great - I took very similar frames as those two but somehow mine didn't work out quite so good :/ Was it the strength of the L, or did you have to clone out the flare?

My efforts:

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

Associate
That poor skater must be paranoid :D

I would have liked to have come along but was busy that day, perhaps we can organise another soon?

Just a few comments on the later shots.

Rich T, I really like the lighting/colour on the naked bint fountain but the background is distracting. I think you were probably trying to compose it to include all the statue and water spouts but I think a tighter composition on the statue would have worked better. Perhaps if you blur the background buildings heavily it would help.

Secondly I notice several of your pics seem to lean to the right. eg bint, h of p landscape and wheel. It seems that you are dropping the camera to the left.

jhmaeng, I really like your bw wheel shot.Also I think the people in your other wheel shot look good although it would be better without the ufo :D

Last edited:
Associate
grr... :( my image hosters seem to be down. I will upload them to another later when I have had a chance to process the rest of them.

From the pictures I have seen here, I think we all got some great ones :cool:

RichT - 1, 5, 7 & 12 for me (Was going to ask what time you took these until I came across Big Ben :) )

Jhmaeng - 1, 6 & 8

Rich Day 2, 5 & 7

Last edited:
Soldato
Wooo, so many great shots !!!

Richard T
Image 7 (Fountain) is really nice - pure smooth water and sharp.
Image 12 (London eye) is another favorite although it would be nice if the black sky was darker, like jhmaeng’s photo.

jhmaeng said:
I took very similar frames as those two but somehow mine didn't work out quite so good :/ Was it the strength of the L, or did you have to clone out the flare?

There was only a very tiny pea size flare in photo which I cloned out and also a large object in the water.

Associate
OP
AndyBorzi said:
33 out of 159 - Good ratio or bad?

Excellent ratio. Actually, RichDay and I were discussing this on Saturday and still thought we were coming back with 1 keeper in 10 mostly. I got a similar amount as you with 39 out of 154 with a few borderline ones so I think we all must have done well.

Really nice set as well and number 7 'Reflection In a Window' really stood out as a superb shot. With my reflections shots I was going for the big rather than the small so to see you pick out a detail like that was great. :)

Associate
ranarama said:
Excellent ratio. Actually, RichDay and I were discussing this on Saturday and still thought we were coming back with 1 keeper in 10 mostly. I got a similar amount as you with 39 out of 154 with a few borderline ones so I think we all must have done well.

Really nice set as well and number 7 'Reflection In a Window' really stood out as a superb shot. With my reflections shots I was going for the big rather than the small so to see you pick out a detail like that was great. :)

Not a bad radio at all. Mine is about 15% I think, although I've got quite a few identical shots through using burst mode to guarantee at least one sharp shot where the light was a bit low. Realistically I think it's about 20%.

Back
Top Bottom