1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London shots

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Mohain, 18 Feb 2006.

1. Mohain

Wise Guy

Continuing the recent glut of London pics I have a few more that I'd like to get some feeback on...

1. View from Tower Bridge of City Hall.
    [​IMG]

2. Nearer view of City Hall. There's lots of building work and ugly fences around it so it's a little difficult to get a good POV on it.
    [​IMG]

3. North Bank View
    [​IMG]

2. Mohain

Wise Guy

4. Walkway to Poplar DLR
    [​IMG]

5. A quick pano shot from Poplar station whilst waiting for the next train. Just as I'd finished the bloke shouted 'Oi! You can't use those things in here.' I think he was reffering to my tripod :D It's made up of 5 shots.
    [​IMG]

Comment, criticism, editing welcome.

Cheers,

Mohain

3. Joe T

Capodecina

Like em. :)

No. 4 is very cool - like the composition, and the person towards the back adds a good sense of scale.

In the first one I think the sky is a bit too yellow - thats probably what it looked like, yet it looks un-natural somehow!

Also, the buildings in the last one dont look quite tight. I think its to do with persoecitve and abgle, and using a wide angle lens. Maybe run it through PT Lens?

Despite the above, I do quite like them. :)

4. Jotun

Mobster

The second one looks a bit odd, but i think thats just the building. I think the last one is easily the best.

Some nice work there :)

5. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

Number 1 I wanted to get when I was walking accross London Bridge.. But it was day time and the shot wouldnt of come out anywhere near what I wanted.

4 & 5 are my personal faves but thats not to say the others arent as good. Can I ask where 4 is located.. I have never seen that before ?

6. hoodmeister

Hitman

1 & 4 are my favourites, 4 even moreso. All great shots IMO, but I really, really like 1 & 4 :D

7. Mohain

Wise Guy

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Joe T - You're quite right, I think I tweeked the yellow saturation a tad (only by about 5% tho). Thanks for pointing it out. I personally quite like the odd distortion on the pano, but I will go back and have a play with it.

Evil Penguin - It's an odd building. Looks like a sliced egg mid collapse :D

Phoenix Cosmos - It's a walkway over a road right outside Poplar DLR station.

Cheers,

Mohain

8. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

Thank you :)

9. AdWright

Wise Guy

I like number 1 - you can see my office and the sky is pretty! I'd clone out the cranes though. The view will be better when they've finished building the More London estate!

Number 5 is great! The only thing that I can think that would improve it would be to get back there a bit earlier when there's still some colour in the sky still. (I know what you mean about the tripod police on DLR stations!)

10. Richard T

Mobster

wow nice shots...... I like all of them

3,4 and 5 I like the best though

Whats the problem with tripods then??? Why cannee ye use them? :confused:

I've gotta stay at work later to get some dusk/ night shots

Last edited: 18 Feb 2006
  11. Reidy

Gangster

stunning photos.... really like the last two... numbers 4 and 5