Lone Echo II

Soldato
? I thought it was excellent.

I didn't. After the first hour I thought it was dull and boring. Lots of people seemed to enjoy it, but, I don't like interactive stories, I wanted a game. The scripted puzzles were just a chore after the first hour, not that they were a challenge in the first place.

It's a beautiful game to look at, the freedom of movement would have been ground breaking if I hadn't experienced it all before playing Echo Arena. And I can appreciate that people liked the story and the twist but It was all very predictable to me, and there was no tension because nothing bad would happen no matter how long you took.

It disappointed me because it could have been a brilliant game too. I hope they use those amazing graphics and wonderful movement, great tools on your arms and make a game. IT doesn't have to be full of action and shooting and all that, but there has to be more than cut panel, get battery and repeat. Surely they will have more vision and creativity for the second one.

But, if it's just the same interactive story with basic filler to pad out the game like the first one, then it's a pass from me.

Associate
I'm really looking forward to this sequel. Reminds me though, gotta finish the first one. Might just start over from the beginning. Love the moment when the station's shutters open for the first time.

Soldato
i still have not got the 1st one yet either. my mate bought it for his vive and he reckons it is over all the best advert for VR to date. i am waiting for a sale, once it hits £15 i will bag it.

Back
Top Bottom