Long distance wireless mouse needed

Associate
Hello, I need to buy some long distance wireless mice to run the laptops in my Science department. The teachers need to be able to stand at the side of the lab and than operate the mouse to control the laptop/projector combo. As it is a school the price is important and I haven't got loads of money left to spend.
I have bought the little Microsoft optical 4000 but it loses the signal after no more than 2.0 metres. So this is fine close to the computer but we need to be able to pass the mouse round the lab for pupils to use from their seats without having to move.
Your advice please on what to buy bearing in mind my funding issues.

Cheers, PeterT.

Associate
A bluetooth mouse will do the trick. Just had a very quick look on google and one of the first ones that came up was this:

Anycom Bluetooth Mouse & USB Adapter Bundle $65
working range of 100ft (30m)

I have a microsoft bluetooth mouse but i think its range is only around 12m but don't quote me on that.

Associate
just had a look on the microsoft site and the range for the bluetooth intellimouse is 30ft and you can pick it up for around £40. I use it for normal use and gaming with no problems whatsoever.

Permabanned
delbuenno, I would recommend you being more vague when quoting from websites. Giving as much details as you do, allows people to easily identify competitors. Mentioning competitors is against the OcUK forum rules.

Soldato
basmic said:
delbuenno, I would recommend you being more vague when quoting from websites. Giving as much details as you do, allows people to easily identify competitors. Mentioning competitors is against the OcUK forum rules.
He hasn't meantioned any tbh, the number's the logitech part code.

Associate
OP
Hello and thanks for your help. i have just placed an order for a
V500 Cordless Notebook Mouse- USB - range 30ft.
looking forward to it arriving!
Cheers, PeterT.

Back
Top Bottom