Long lasting tyre recommendations

Soldato
I have no real opinion to give than reviews would tell you but I'm surprised that no one is challenging that all seasons should last longer than summer tyres? Surely harder compounds would be used and so would prove much longer lasting at similar speeds/driving? I know most winter tyres come with more thread depth so that maybe counteracts it (although you're meant to then change then way earlier). Is there any truth to this?

Read the sidewall.
Treadwear 200 will last half as long as treadwear 400.
Don’t expect a higher tread wear tyre to provide as much grip though.
Common sense really. Nothing more.

I think Michelin Cross Climate 2 have a 60,000 warranty (not sure how that works)

Incidentally, they are fitted to paramedics cars in the Skoda garage I worked in.

Soldato
Read the sidewall.
Treadwear 200 will last half as long as treadwear 400.
Don’t expect a higher tread wear tyre to provide as much grip though.
Common sense really. Nothing more.

I think Michelin Cross Climate 2 have a 60,000 warranty (not sure how that works)

Incidentally, they are fitted to paramedics cars in the Skoda garage I worked in.

The problem is there's no meaningful standardised measure for treadwear, so it's ok to compare across the ranges of a given manufacture but it's pretty useless comparing against others.

Soldato
There is always a compromise between longevity and grip. It doesn't matter what the manufacturers claim. The grippier they are the quicker they will wear.

Soldato
Thanks for opinions all. Ordered a set of 4 michelin Cross climate+ for 335 fully fitted. With 15 in topcashback, 30 cashback from my bank, and a free road angel halo dashcam, its a pretty good deal all round.
I've had these on for around 18 months, they're a great all round tire and I'll replace them with the Cross Climate 2 when the time comes. :)

Back
Top Bottom