Look at what i bought today....

Soldato
talex_lite.jpg

A Talex lite gps speed camera alert system! I bought it today at Aldi supermarket for £60.00. To cut a long story short - it does what it says exactly on the box, no fuss no muss, Just plug in and drive!. The audio instructions is loud and clear, the display is well lit and can be seen clearly and the alert system is spot on.

This is my first speed alert gizmo and i think it is money well spent.

One thing i noticed is the unusual "self confident" i have developed knowing that their will be an alert when im reaching a fixed camera spot or a mobile site. Hopefully that will stop soon.....

Just thought i share with you guys.

More info here
http://talex-gps.intranetics.co.uk/talex-lite-speed-camera-detection-system.htm

Associate
You do know that you will have OcUK's very own legion of care bears in here any moment telling you that you shouldn't be speeding and that they hope the device fails at some point, costing you a fine and points on your license that you really really deserve because you are an organised speeder.

Nice bit of kit though!

:p

Soldato
OP
LeperousDust said:
He means red light cameras i think :).

Out of interest El, how do you update the Camera positions? How do you know it's up-to-date now?

it says it has a comprehensive data base on the box but im yet to up date. It alerted me of all the cameras on my way home so i guess it is fairly comprehensive...

Yes, it does warn you of redlight camera too.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
If I did a lot of driving in areas I didn't know one of these would be good.

But I don't and I know the location of the 1 speed camera I pass so no point really, pity as gadgets are fun.

Soldato
OP
LeperousDust said:
Can you manually update it?

I think i saw in the manual, it has an option that allows you to add stuff and delete stuff - Im thinking the deleting and adding stuff is camera site.
The manual is downstairs in the car, im gonna have alook tommorow.

Back
Top Bottom