look, it's orange! (56k nein)

Associate
new car! (56k no)

i went out on a whim today and bought this:

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

came to £4800 in the end, for a '03 plate ford fiesta flame with 14,000 miles with ac, electric everything, alloys wheels, front fogs, and cd player. i love the colour!!!

picking it up on tuesday, well happy!!!! :D

matt

Last edited:
Soldato
smokey said:
i went out on a whim today and bought this:
came to £4800 in the end, for a '03 plate ford fiesta flame with 14,000 miles with ac, electric everything, alloys wheels, front fogs, and cd player. i love the colour!!!

picking it up on tuesday, well happy!!!! :D

matt

hmm electric everything? what does it have that is electric mate? by that i assume electric windows/mirrors/seats, electric height adjustment on steering wheel etc etc?

Tom.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
rG-tom said:
hmm electric everything? what does it have that is electric mate? by that i assume electric windows/mirrors/seats, electric height adjustment on steering wheel etc etc?

Tom.

electric mirrors, electric windows, no sunroof though :( but with air conditioning :D

sorry kinda overstated it, but just cos im excited!

Soldato
rG-tom said:

Tom.

as much electric components you can fit it it before it starts to drain the battery even whilst driving!

The above was a joke btw!! Nice car, pretty cheap for the age and from a dealership.

Dont the colour just make you wanna drive round spain?!

Soldato
get yourself over to ukfiestanetwork once you've got it... theres a few guys with that colour fez and with a few basic mods... look mint!

nice car, nice buy!

Soldato
rG-tom said:

Tom.

Spark Plugs, Starter Motor, Headlights, Dashboard lights etc ;)

Caporegime
Its not about if he's "entering a rally" or not, its just that the 1.25, or the TDCI are far far better engine choices.

However, the new fiesta is a really nice place to be (for a small car), they seem reasonably well built, not exactly badly specified, and they look good too. Enjoy it :)

Soldato
thepharcyde said:
1.4? if it is, it's gutless!

Unfortuantly not everyone on this forum lives in areas where they can get insured on big engined cars for £1.53 at age 20 ;)

My parents have one of these only its the Ghia but a 1.4 engine and its hardly gutless for what it is.

Associate
I've got a flame, its a very nice car.
Also, I've driven both the 1.25 and the 1.4. Now the 1.4 I own is not going to set the world alight with its sheer speed but I dont think its too slow. It certainly was a step up from the other car's I have owned. (106 and Ka)
The 1.25 I thought was quite a bit slow compared to the 1.4, and the 1.4 sounds much better as it accelerates.

Talking of all electronic things, i've just put a computer in my car, woo.
And then the hard disc failed... :(

Soldato
thats pretty cheap really considering i spent a grand on a 11 year old golf with spaceship mileage and that ive got ot do work to. would be interesting to see which one out lasts the other or which lasts better after all those years.

good colour, i nearly brought an ibiza cupra in that colour, it rocks.

enjoy!

Associate
I had a Fiesta diesel as a hire car on the Isle of Man and it was pretty nippy too, a 1.8 I think it was, not sure though, does anyone know?

Soldato
I've got a company hire car at the mo and it's the 1.6 TDCi, I wouldn't say it was nippy but overtaking is so easy, drop it in 3rd and it always suprises me how quick it acellerates.

Since it's a company car I give it a bit of stick and I broke the first one within 130 miles, the second one has covered 8k in 3 months and only had a warning light come on twice.

Things I don't like about it are, the stereo, it's moulded into the dash so there's no way of fitting a MP3 player, the fake leather seats cos you just slide about on them, it understeers badly (nearly found that one out too my cost) and the brakes don't last long if your driving hard. Oh and there's no space to move your foot off the clutch so you have to drive with your foot on it all the time, pain for long journeys which most of mine are.

Apart from that it's an ok car, it's just a bit boring, but that's why I have my Prelude for the weekends, get my driving fix then.

Back
Top Bottom