1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at buying a used Focus/Civic - Main Dealer Discounts?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Luxor, 14 Apr 2010.

1. Luxor

Gangster

I'm thinking about getting a 1-3 year old Focus or Civic around the ~10k mark. With not buying a used car from a main dealer before, I'm wondering, due to the current market, whether it's worth negotiation on prices? Am I likely to get any joy from Ford or Honda?

Both the Honda and Ford look appealing and I'm looking at the 2.2CTDi in the Civic and the 1.6TDCI from the Focus range.

Probably best thing to do would be try my luck at the dealerships but I'm just interested if anyone has had luck getting discount or a good deal. :cool:

Cheers

2. pull2808

Hitman

Might be best going towards the end of the month, they could be pushing to get deals in and may accept a bit more discount.

3. The_Abyss

Capodecina

There is a ton of stock around, so there's every reason to walk away from a deal if you don't feel you're getting the value you want. The dealer 10 miles down the road will have virtually identical cars, and you really can shop around.

4. Luxor

Gangster

Thanks both for the advice. Yes I think doing plenty of shopping around will do no harm. I'm no professional negotiator but I know how to stand my ground. Will let you know how we get on.

5. Dangerous Dave

Mobster

You can always get money off, a main dealer will have at least a £1.5-2k margin on a second hand car. I would be expecting around 1k off a 10k car assuming it is priced fairly.