1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a Cruiser/chopper bike !

Discussion in 'Motors' started by the_tyke, 18 May 2006.

1. the_tyke

Gangster

Not necessarily new, but was thinking of a Suzuki 1400 Intruder. Anybody any ideas about Jap cruisers ?

2. Shoei

Wise Guy

Buy a Yamaha V-Max, but make sure its a full power version. Some were only 100bhp, the full power is 125bhp in a 1200cc V-Four.
    The only cruiser to have a powerband, cos at 6k rpm a valve opens and each cylinder breathes from 2 carbs!!
    Supposed to go like a rocket, handling is a bif iffy though.

Robb

3. PieEater

Mobster

Personally I don't get cruisers / choppers, they just dont float my boat, however have you had a look at the Yamaha MT-01, if I was after a big V-Twin lump that would get peoples attention this would be my choice :cool:

[​IMG]

4. fireblade900

Hitman

What about a Buell?

5. wozzizname

Wise Guy

That huge 1800cc Honda jobbie is supposed to be good, or as already suggested the Vmax is cool.
    I'd be tempted by one of those BMW cruisers if I was in that market, different to the others, not a clone, and will hopefully be better built than my Harley was...

6. Thrash

Hitman

I bought this 1998 Yamaha XJR1200 a couple of months ago to get me into work and it's a good bike. In 1999/2000 they changed to the XJR1300 but it looks very similar.

[​IMG]

7. Jonny69

Man of Honour

There's a baby Harley called the Speedster which is quite a nice little bike. Really lazy sounding, simple and laid back but nowhere near as big as say a dynaglide or a V-Rod.

8. Shoei

Wise Guy

Love the styling on the MT-01. Seen quite a few on the road aswell.
    1700cc pushrod twin. Redline is at 5k rpm and 110ft/lb of torque at 3700rpm.
    Only develops 90bhp. Though it needs the Akropivic end cans on to release the noise.

Robb

9. happytechie

Soldato

ducati monster here is the only option I'm afraid ;)

HT

10. wozzizname

Wise Guy

If you can cope with the comfort issues, the Monster is great - I had an S4 for a while and it was a great bike.