1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a flatmate - Reading

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kemik, 16 May 2010.

1. Kemik

Mobster

Hey,

Not 100% if this is allowed (or should be put in members market?) but thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm looking for a flatmate in the Reading area. I'm hoping to rent a two bed, two bathroom, modern flat. Rent will be split 50/50 (max £500 per person per month, bills not included). Deposit and admin fee will be dependant on the flat I end up going with.

I'm basically just looking for interest at the moment. I'm moving to Reading from the end of June so looking for people who will need a flat from around then onwards.

Email in trust or reply here.

About me
    21 year old professional who will be working in Theale 9-5, 5 days a week
    Non-smoker with no pets
    My 22 year old girlfriend will also be living with me. We'll both have the master bedroom with en-suite while the flatmate has their own bathroom.

Like I say, I haven't found a flat yet. I'm flying down to view 4 this saturday. The total rent ranges from £875/mo to £1000 and you'd be paying half of it.

Thanks!

Last edited: 17 May 2010
  2. HaX

Wise Guy

I was in Reading a few weeks ago. While it seemed like a reasonable place, I was astounded at how much it costs to rent or buy.

I saw adverts for terraced housing (which appeared to be in a deprived area) going for £1000 per month. Absolutely insane!

Do people who work down there get a London weighting on their wages?

3. bigsharn

Hitman

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed, but I suppose it's up to the admins :p

Any photos? I know someone who *might* be interested.

4. Sukh

Mobster

What work are you going to be in?

5. Throrik

Wise Guy

Might want to give some information about yourself, for all we know you could be a furry.

6. Gooner14

Mobster

Not sure where you saw that pricing? I was paying less than that for a 3 bed, 3 storey town house around 5 miles from Reading town center in Arborfield earlier this year. 2 bed flats can be rented in Reading for slightly less than that (£800).

I know in teaching Reading isn't in the London weighting area, but Bracknell is.

7. D.Roberts

Mobster

Im IN if ya get me ;)

8. Converge

Mobster

Try and avoid the Oxford Road if you can.

9. ntg

Mobster

<snip/snip/snip>

Last edited: 26 May 2010
  10. sorn21

Mobster

Hi there, following on from This thread

I would like to be your room mate;

Paranoid: Very High
    Schizoid: High
    Schizotypal:High
    Antisocial: High
    Borderline: Moderate
    Histrionic: Moderate
    Narcissistic:High
    Avoidant: Low
    Dependent: Low
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

:p

11. kiteloopy

Mobster

Im moving down to reading in Aug, starting a new job in early sept.

email in trust if you like.

12. mac1st3

Mobster

Used to live in Bracknell, We got a location allowance for being near to london, of an extra 50p per hour >.<

Reading is actually cheaper to rent etc than Bracknell, which was surprising, had a 2 bed house in b'nell for £710 (between us) and it was pretty crappy and small, but also the cheapest we could find :/

13. D.Roberts

Mobster

n1blo you took the test to I see hehehehehe.

14. Kemik

Mobster

I'm working in the people services department at a big four accounting firm. Basically doing a temporary move from corporate tax for 6 months to see how I like Reading. If I can get a space and enjoy it I'm hoping to make the move permanent.

Sent :)

I don't have a flat yet. Viewing four this Saturday. It was to get ideas of if anyone was interested so I could email them once I confirm. I'd be happy to send links to the flats I'm viewing.

15. Cold Fusion

Hitman

Did a part time course at UoR for two years and it seems like a reasonible place.

Having said that it does appear ALOT on Road Wars on Sky Three :D

16. Eriedor

Wise Guy

As said before stay away from west reading and whitley. RG1 RG6 (student area) woodley and earley are good, caversham is ok aswell. I currently pay £1000 for a very spacious flat in RG1. Theres a few good blocks of flats around for "professionals" (q1, q2, meridian, lucinia view etc) which are fitted very nice but found them to be quite small.

I also suggest you re-evaluate the rent split, it is unfair splitting it 50/50 when you're demanding the master bedroom, ensuite and living with your gf which would mean in effect the flat mate paying a part of her living costs. Same with bills, they should be split 1/3's not 50% flat mate 50% you and your gf.

17. Conrad11

Soldato

Exactly what I thought.

18. Mad old tory

Sgarrista

Whoop PS buddy!!

You're lucky though, I'm surprised they haven't given you an eight month secondment to nab you for the whole of busy season!

Enjoy getting used to our quirky software!

19. Strife212

Capodecina

The rent split is a gyp

20. Madgeordie2004

Hitman

Yes, should'nt it be split 3 ways?