Looking for a good Monitor + GPU for about £1,000 to £1,200

Associate
Hi,

I'm a software engineer and so get a huge amount of use of my computer and screen. I also play games, specifically I'm really looking forwards to playing Cyberpunk 2077 and Amazon New World, as well as a lot of rocket league.

I have a Nvidia 970 at the moment, and a 35" Asus predator (Z35). The monitor has an issue where it shows horizontal white lines on it, it's a common issue and I bought it second hand so can't return it. The resolution is 2560×1080, which I'd like to increase. My issue is, to fix the white lines I need a new monitor, if I get one with a higher resolution my graphics card will struggle as it's old. I'd like to play some new games anyway.

I could do with:
Monitor specs:
- 35" or a bit bigger, but not 40"+ else it'll not fit on my desk
- HDMI or USB-C input for my work laptop
- A spare input for my PC (that fits with the graphics card
- A resolution higher than 2560x1080
- I really like glossy screens as the colours always seemed to pop a bit more; e.g the apple monitors. It's not a requirement but generally bright sharp colours and a good refresh rate for gaming are what I'm after.

Graphics specs:
- Needs to play New World and Cyberpunk on the new resolution at a decent frame rate, but I'm not needing something hugely overkill framerate wise.
- I bought a silly sized power supply a long time ago for mining bitcoin, and have space for a second card if it would be better to have two less capable cards for the most bang for my buck (though I doubt it will be because of heat etc)

Are there any tips/tricks or things I should watch out for, or wait for? I've got about £1k and would ideally like to pick up both monitor + GPU. Any suggestions?

Any help is really appreciated!

Permabanned
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £427.69 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Add your 3080 of choice for £800 or a 3070 fpr £590 or 6800xt for £700 or 6800 for £600 (all prices can very by brand etc). The monitor does freesync and is g-sync compatible.

*Bursts out laughing* The mere suggestion of buying a graphics card at the moment is hilarious, especially if you expect to get one at rrp. There's pretty much nothing available until late Feb unless you want to troll the heck out of web sites.

Back
Top Bottom