• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Looking for a graphics card for my HTPC with 5.1 suport

Associate
Hi All

Looking for some advice on graphics cards that can support 5.1 through HDMI connection. I have a HTPC that I've used for about a year now and the graphics card has gone bang (well I assume it has as I don't get any video output at all now). The box I have is a custom shuttle cube PC so pretty limited with space, also I plan to plug this directly into my AV Receiver again to take advantage of the 5.1 that comes with MKV files. The card I had before allowed me to push the 5.1 out through the HDMI and it work really well giving outstanding results on my AV system, the only downside I had at the time was video quality as it used to jump now and them but I put that down to the drivers or XBMC configuration (never really got to fix that side of it).

Anyway now looking for a decent card that is nice and compact and will alow me to do the above, any help would be much appreciated indeed :)

Many thanks, Xray

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom