Looking for a new TV! Help

Soldato
Hi guys,

A friend is asking for TV advice and I'm a bit unsure.

Their budget is between £300-£380 max

50" max so it fits correct

SMART TV functions

Usage just normal TV watching, no gaming.

What would be the best bang for buck TV these days?

Cheers all

Soldato
I was looking at the 43" version and the reviews are quite mixed. A few failures on it too so it put me off reading the reviews on the hisense, mentions of washed out pictures etc.

I started looking at the 2020 models and I ended up with a Samsung UE43TU7100 and I`m quite pleased with it. I was going to go with the LG 2020 models but the Samsung seemed to get better reviews. Got all the Now Tv/BT Sport/Disney+/AppleTV/Netflix/Amazon apps etc.

The UExxTU8500 seems to be the better version but the 43TU8500 was out of my price range.

Soldato
I was looking at the 43" version and the reviews are quite mixed. A few failures on it too so it put me off reading the reviews on the hisense, mentions of washed out pictures etc.

I started looking at the 2020 models and I ended up with a Samsung UE43TU7100 and I`m quite pleased with it. I was going to go with the LG 2020 models but the Samsung seemed to get better reviews. Got all the Now Tv/BT Sport/Disney+/AppleTV/Netflix/Amazon apps etc.

The UExxTU8500 seems to be the better version but the 43TU8500 was out of my price range.

The 7300 isn’t a great TV, but it IS better than anything else in that price range.

£300 is not much money for a new TV, so you can expect build quality to be poorer with more failures than a £800 TV :)

Soldato
Will have to be the Hisense really for that price.

If you can stretch a little bit further you could probably pick up a Panasonic TX50HX580B for around £400/420. Would have to give rgb direct a call and ask for Kam. They always have moment on prices for any tv, plus then you've got yourself a 2020 model with dolby vision and hdr10 so least your future proofing yourself a bit.

Soldato
The 7300 isn’t a great TV, but it IS better than anything else in that price range.

£300 is not much money for a new TV, so you can expect build quality to be poorer with more failures than a £800 TV :)

What about a 2020 model though ?
HISENSE 50AE7000FTUK

The 7300 has more failures compared to a TV of a similiar price though judging by reviews.

Soldato
The 7300 has more failures compared to a TV of a similiar price though judging by reviews.

I suspect this is because:

More of them are sold compared to competitors, so statistically there will be more failures - that doesn't mean that the rate of failures is higher
People only tend to post bad reviews, and relating to more sales of that model

What about a 2020 model though ?
HISENSE 50AE7000FTUK

They're still budget TVs, ultimately.

The option I've always gone for is to buy an older TV, that was flagship quality at the time.

E.g. my first proper TV was an F8000 55 inch. 1.5K+ new, but I bought it for £300 when the 6 series of OLEDs were a thing. It still works perfectly now, even though I upgraded to a B8.

The thing to do is try and find one with a warranty that can be transferred :)

Back
Top Bottom