Looking For A PC/Console Monitor 24" Dvi/hdmi ? on Ocuk

Associate
hi

trying to find a new none curved hopefully Samsung 23-24" monitor that would be good for pc gaming and Xbox1, with the switch option to go back and fourth from pc to xbox and maybe the headphone socket like the Syncmaster SA700 which as served me very well for years.

my pc socket is DVI and Xbox is HDMI, not sure if u can get x2 hdmi so dvi/hdmi will be great but any help would be amazing, thanks

100-300 budget

Associate
OP
Samsung don't seem to have much in the range of flat 24" monitors with 2 x hdmi or dvi & hdmi, at least not on here.

Quick search gives something like this -

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/view...een-led-backlit-gaming-monitor-mo-08d-vs.html

Just need to look in the 24" monitor section and see if there is anything you like the look of that meets your requirements.

thanks i just dont know enough about all the ins and outs on what to look for in a gaming monitor at least so i have something future proof as money aint great these days, but i will have a look around. is freesync the way to go for gaming ?

Associate
Since you have an AMD card listed in your specs, you would see a benefit of having a freesync monitor. It's not an essential item for gaming, but a nice to have feature since it reduces screen tearing. Thankfully it's generally included on newer monitors at no or very little additional cost.

If you're not sure on panel type, resolution etc check out comparisons on forums and you tube videos that explain the different types - TN, IPS and VA etc. Plenty of online monitor reviews. If cost is an issue I would probably avoid anything sold as a "gaming monitor" specifically, since they are usually sold at a premium. Standard monitors still work fine for games. :)

Soldato
Choose a screen, check specs for connections(DVI/HDMI, etc), check if price fits budget, check response times(lower is better for gaming, generally) and screen type(if that matters to you), click buy.

Any(afaik) screen with multiple inputs allow switching between inputs (no different than switching inputs on a TV, just less the remote).

Back
Top Bottom