Looking for advice regarding PC gaming

Associate
Hello! This is my first post so I hope I've posted this in the right place!

I purchased a PC from you a few years ago now (it's still quite powerful) and I wish to play iracing on it. I own a racing wheel and pedal set and I know they link up to my PC just fine. I am trying to get my PC to link up to my 4K TV. I have tried to use a HDMI cable and link it that way, however, my TV understands there's a HDMI connected (and even understands it's linked to a PC) but just displays a blank screen. Now, admiteddly, when I have my PC connected to my monitor it's done via the VGI port. Would I need to buy a VGI to HDMI converter to get this to work?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

I hope everyone has had a great Christmas and has a great new year!

P.S If you need anymore information on this issue, I'd be happy to provide it

Associate
Tried duplicating the display in Windows settings?

Yes try this

I used to always get a blank display when switching over to use pc on TV as it would always assume monitor was display 1 regardless of it being unplugged and being setup as single display the 2nd screen (i.e the TV) would be blank as its not activated. Multi or duplicate will fix it.

Press "Win key + P" while using your monitor, select duplicate then try the cable in the TV, you might need to adjust overscan as well if top and sides are cut off.

Associate
OP
Could you post a photo of the back of the PC?

I've taken pictures but I don't understand how to post them on this reply? I've tried images (obviously) but they're not saved to a website, they're saved to my hard drive.

Tried duplicating the display in Windows settings?

I have just tried doing this but when I open up the settings on my PC (whilst still connected to the monitor) it won't let me do it dual for some reason?

Sounds possible that you still have the VGA linked to a monitor?

If so you need to go to display settings & then set up multiple displays.

See above. I'm very much a newbie to the more middling aspects of PC hardware and software management!

Yes try this

I used to always get a blank display when switching over to use pc on TV as it would always assume monitor was display 1 regardless of it being unplugged and being setup as single display the 2nd screen (i.e the TV) would be blank as its not activated. Multi or duplicate will fix it.

Press "Win key + P" while using your monitor, select duplicate then try the cable in the TV, you might need to adjust overscan as well if top and sides are cut off.

I've just tried doing this (as per my reply to the second poster) but whenever I tell me PC to go "duplicate" it just seems to revert back to the "PC display" setting. Bear in mind of course I don't have both the PC monitor and TV hooked up at the same time. Is this something I need to do? Told you... N00b here!

Man of Honour
I... Don't know? I have pictures saved to my hard drive of where it's plugged in but I don't know how to upload them on here.

You can't do it directly. You have to upload them to an image hosting site (imgur is widely used) and insert links to them in your post here (IIRC when you look at a pic in your imgur account it will offer you the bbcode text for it so it's just a cut and paste job).

Associate
OP
You can't do it directly. You have to upload them to an image hosting site (imgur is widely used) and insert links to them in your post here (IIRC when you look at a pic in your imgur account it will offer you the bbcode text for it so it's just a cut and paste job).

Here are the pictures as requested!

Lt2pIU3

0OqFMcl

https://imgur.com/pMTzTt4

https://imgur.com/Lt2pIU3

https://imgur.com/0OqFMcl
pMTzTt4

Associate
If you've got 2 HDMI ports on your pc then you should need to use the one closest to the bottom as that should be on your graphics card, which will most likely be better than the one built on to your motherboard.

If you got your pc from here then they may have disabled the internal GPU if you bought it with a better GPU at the time so the HDMI port near to your usb usb slots and where the green and blue old ps/2 won't work.

You will probably need to do what others have said and have your monitor and the TV plugged in at the same time and then enable dual screens or mirrored screen.

If that isn't possible I would shut the pc down and then boot it up with the hdmi plugged in only (to the bottom most slot on your graphics card) so your pc only sees the hdmi output and should use it. I wouldn't go from the dvi-vga adapter and then plug the hdmi cable in as I've seen this not work when going from analogue to digital connections.

Make sure you're shutting the pc down as well and not hibernating and then just use the hdmi with your TV on the right hdmi channel and it should just work on the TV fine .

Back
Top Bottom