Looking for Advise on new monitor and compatability

Associate
hey guys

i run a geforce GTX 970 windforce, which i believe runs
2x DVI
1x HDMI
3x DisplayPort
(all of which i dont no their exact versions?? HDMI 1.4? 2.1? DP 1.4? 1? ) Id love to know this

as one of my monitors has died , and i dont know which new one to get, i currently run my other screen via HDMI port and DVI1 (the DVI monsitors died)

Im looking at this screen, its pushing my bugdet but doable, as i like it, its design, 1ms, 144hz, so on and res. what do you guys think? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...-widescreen-led-gaming-monitor-mo-053-ao.html

this would become my main via the HDMI port on my GPU,

this means my current working screen , which only has a HDMI and a VGA,

so can i then runs its HDMI to one of its three DP (displayports?)on the GTA 970? (i know directly I cant but im looking for good workarounds or info on if anything can be done or should be or whatever) I mean, i know adapter or whatever but i dont know about versions and if that causes issuses?

Do the drivers just adapt?

I also this Scanning Frequency VGA/DP1.2/HDMI1.4 : 30 -160KHz (H) VGA : 50 -146 Hz (V) DP1.2/HDMI1.4 :48-146Hz (V) on the new screens product info. ive bolded the bit that interests me. as id want the best look/res through each cable. that i can get (so maybe am I asked, can you run DP port from that card to HDMI via adapter) and then run another screen from HDMI from card to my new screen) and best info rates through both? or best I can, i guess i know i ll get the 144 for the main, but the adaptation for the secondary now running the adapter maybe will alter thing?)

Do you see my problem? hope you can help in anyway, i know you guys all help tons and have helped me a lot over the years

thanks

Soldato
That monitor has DisplayPort connector, so connect it to DisplayPort output of graphics card.
Adapter cables increase chance of problems.

I think I'd go DVI-to-HDMI
That's no go.
Running that resolution at 144hz needs dual link DVI signal, which you can't get from DP or HDMI without expensive active adapter.

Soldato
Surely at least one of the DVI ports on the OP's GTX 970 will be DL? Ah, or do you mean that DVI-DL can't be converted to DP or HDMI at 144Hz without active adapters?
But if the OP's intended new monitor does have DP then I agree that DP-to-DP is the only sensible option.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom