Looking for an MMO to play, suggestions?

Man of Honour
No idea what it's like but I couldn't help but notice an ad the other day for ArcheAge. Another one you can check out if need be.

Archeage is one of those games, both on its original launch and its relaunch, that needs to be listed in an encyclopedia under the heading "Missed opportunities"

Soldato
OP
While not an MMO at all, in fact not an MO even, have you played through Kingdom Come Deliverance? I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did the Mrs, and it provided a decent challenge and a some great stories. If you like graphics it also looks really decent as well, doesn't bother me but I know some people will care.

I can't think of any MMO's at all, if you still have the itch when WoW: Shadowlands comes out maybe worth ago since you'll be at the same state as everyone else. As for WoW Classic TBC yes it would be amazing, I think it was my favourite of all the expansions as it still had good challenges, a good story, and offered an open progression system with all content available to everyone from the day it launched other than the very final Sunwell patch.

I loved Kingdom Come: Deliverance, really enjoyed the challenge of the combat and the setting/story. It was nice actually having to think about what you were doing in a game like that, usually you get to a point where you just massively over power everything.

I'll take a look at Archeage.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've played most MMOs at some point. The game I am still playing is EVE online. If you want to play sign up for a trial HERE *

MMORPGs are in two camps - theme parks and sandboxes. Eve is still the best sandbox in my opinion. It is quite difficult, certainly compared to other MMOs, but you can get an adrenalin rush from it that you don't find elsewhere. The game is PvP focused and can involve real loss.

*Invite link is a referral link. I'm spacerich and don't need the ingame money so if you sign up with that any rewards I get I'll pass them over to you. You get extra skill points if you sign up with a referral link.

Caporegime
Archeage is one of those games, both on its original launch and its relaunch, that needs to be listed in an encyclopedia under the heading "Missed opportunities"
archeage was pay2win as hell and it was also full of hackers.

shame it was ran as a whale farming simulator.
I had the best bow in the game at the time 2014 and it was stupid OP

could have been a really good mmo without the p2win items like the magic trees whatever they were called.

have good memories of fishing and I think we were the 2nd or 3rd people to get the black pearl but we all quit shortly after because of all the hacking going on.

you could stand near the traders and see a constant stream of people teleporting in and out.

you could try to kill them but 95% of the time they were too fast

all the devs cared about was fleecing the whales

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I enjoyed age of conan and the secret world. Such a shame Funcom lost all its support. Secret world was awesome they just failed at bringing in end game content quick enough.

Both are still going i think.

I haz 4090!
Don
So... I ended up buying BFA as it just went on sale.

I figure if I dislike it too much I can use the sub for Classic.

I was coming in here to recommend the same. The problem with being a WoW player is that there's nothing really out there like it even after all these years. Buy the latest expansion and play that :)

Soldato
Bit of a necro but have just purchased ESO on a bit of a whim after reading this thread (decided to get back into an MMO) and and was wondering if there are still any active OcUK'ers playing.

Soldato
Bit of a necro but have just purchased ESO on a bit of a whim after reading this thread (decided to get back into an MMO) and and was wondering if there are still any active OcUK'ers playing.

Reading your post defo makes me tempted to fire it up, got 4k hours on the game so trying to avoid getting sucked in again :o

We did have a clan in there OCUK, could be worth finding it when in game to see if there is anyone still active around. Think may be a few who play occasionally when I last played.

Soldato
Try Lost Ark (totally free), it has a pretty forgiving experience on the F2P end, less punishing than a non-subbed experience of ESO, the combat feels more fun to.

Soldato
I tried Lost Ark but thought it was more like Diablo than an MMO, too much button mashing. I'm finding ESO a little similar but not quite as bad. It's still a little hectic as don't appear to be such things as skill cooldowns or mana management as well as having dodging and blocking etc. I prefer the traditional of fighting really, it's a lot more relaxed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've put a few hours into ESO now, up to level 21. I'm enjoying it but it doesn't feel like a proper MMO to me. Combat is a little too clicky, I'm yet to give any concern to how much stamina / mana I'm using button spamming skills and spells while also rolling all over the place. Literally no downtime at all. I don't like the level scaling at all, I prefer designated zones for difficulty and mobs with actual levels. I've done a few dungeons and battlegrounds and they pretty soulless, no one talks, just follow everyone sprinting round then leave. I'll keep doing the dungeons though as xp and loot is way better than farming areas. There are loads and loads of quests which is a bit of a double edged sword as i keep stopping what i'm doing and end up sidetracked. I haven't found a guild yet and have no friends playing so always solo other than a couple of times some friendly people helped me with a daily quest boss. Barely any chat happening at all though.

Maybe I'm just too old and nostalgic when it comes to MMO's.

Back
Top Bottom