Looking for some 120mm fans for this Case pls from OC?

Associate
hi

i have this case Aerocool Cylon PC Gaming Case, Mid-Tower ATX. but it keeps getting too hot and the 2 fans i got with it seam rubbish and dont spin fast at all and it keeps over heating and i was wondering if anyone could please let me know which fans i should buy that are in stock on OCUK?

Soldato
While NF-P12 is acoustically OK good (especially compared to crappy NF-F12) that miniaturized vibrating roller Noctua calls motor would need bungee cord mounting to avoid case rattling.
And there are acoustically better and vibration free fans for lot less, like that Arctic P12.

Noctua makes some of the most overhyped/priced mediocre fans.
If advertisers spent the same amount of money on improving their products as they do on advertising then they wouldn't have to advertise them.
Will Rogers​

Soldato
While NF-P12 is acoustically OK good (especially compared to crappy NF-F12) that miniaturized vibrating roller Noctua calls motor would need bungee cord mounting to avoid case rattling.
And there are acoustically better and vibration free fans for lot less, like that Arctic P12.

You're slipping...
You can't do your "I hate Noctua, buy Arctic P12 PWM" speech without posting your usual link to that one page of Martin's Liquid Lab...

Soldato

If advertisers spent the same amount of money on improving their products as they do on advertising then they wouldn't have to advertise them.
Will Rogers​

Sorry to butt into truewraith's post but what arctic fans would you recommend for front intake and rear exhaust? the normal F12/F14 PST? They'd be going in a Meshify C with a 240 AIO in roof

Soldato
Your case supports five fans*, but you only have the two it came with... That'll be your first issue!!
TBH, I'd think any additional fans will help.
If these are just for airflow and not through watercooling rads, then you want fans primarily focussed on high airflow, usually a value given in CFM or m³/h. Anything over 70CFM or 120m³/h should be good.

Blacknoise NoiseBlocker fans, like the NB e-Loop B12 fans.. either the B12-4 or the B12-PS. The B12-3 is pretty good as well.
I'm personally a fan of Noctua fans and the Corsair ML120s. The latter ones OCUK do as a twin pack for about £22, but they are a bit noisier than the Noiseblockers.

*Plus an additional two internal ones beneath the graphics card. I've not had much success with such things before myself, but they can make a bit of difference.

Soldato
Thanks, I ordered 2 P14's and 1 P12 to give them a try
Arctic P-serie fans are very good use in everything fans and when considering price number uno choises.
Older F12 has rougher sound profile and also isn't designed to cope that well with impedances (restrictions) like heatsinks and radiators.
(airflow and static pressure not much usefull for real performance)
Even filters of cases and such can drop airflow of most fans notably.

Permabanned
Seems to be some hate for Noctua fans. I have fitted my build with all Noctua (S12A) & they are superb. Very quiet, good spin up & spin down times & very good air movement. I'm very impresssed with them & wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

An engineer told me once, it's always possible to make something a little worse quality for less money.

Soldato
hi

i have this case Aerocool Cylon PC Gaming Case, Mid-Tower ATX. but it keeps getting too hot and the 2 fans i got with it seam rubbish and dont spin fast at all and it keeps over heating and i was wondering if anyone could please let me know which fans i should buy that are in stock on OCUK?

First thing, I suggest you take a look at basic guide to how airflow works and how to optimize case airflow in link below:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-i-put-my-temp-sensor.18564223/#post-26159770

That should give you a pretty good idea of what you probably need to do. 3x 120 / 2x 140mm good pressure rated front intakes with all openings not covered by fans blocks so air has to flow through case and out instead of leaking back in front and going in circles. Remove all unused PCIe back slot covers for more rear vent area around GPU so case can flow more air back and out thus supplying both CPU and GPU with cooler air. Doing those things make a big difference. I rarely use any exhasut fans at all, just good pressure rated intakes.

If you have a downflow cooler (stock kind), changing it for even a cheap 120mm fanned tower cooler also helps a lot.

But first thing is to understand and setup case with good intakes fans in the best places so you have good case airflow.

Associate
Seems to be some hate for Noctua fans. I have fitted my build with all Noctua (S12A) & they are superb. Very quiet, good spin up & spin down times & very good air movement. I'm very impresssed with them & wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

An engineer told me once, it's always possible to make something a little worse quality for less money.

but what is the mark up from the engineers price. Arctic can make a fan with a longer warranty than noctua with the performance of noctua (bar the NF-A12x25) that is significantly cheaper. Plus the P12's don't have a horrid sound like the noctua fans do.

Soldato
Sound of fan is extremely subjective, and also easily effected by what fan is mounted on. Some grill patterns combines with some fan designs make horrid sounds. Some people complain about Noctua sound, but large majority like them. Some people prefer PH-F120MP / PH-F140MP sound over Noctua, but some also complain about it in favor of some other fan. I know 2 retired testers who do not like the sound of Arctic P series fans or the sound of Noctuas, but prefer PH-F120MP / PH-F140MP.

Noctua makes some good products, but there are other companies with as good and better products usually costing much less money. But Noctua has if not the best customer support in industry one of only a very few companies with extremely good warranty and support. We need to keep in mind just because something has a 5 year or 6 year warranty does not mean company has good customer support doing things like requiring customer to send in defective product before honoring warranty .. and some don't even honor their warrantees meaning for buyer to get any satisfaction they have to go to some government agency.

Soldato
My go to fans are always the Arctic cooling fans, this includes their CPU coolers also. I especially like their CO fans. Been using Arctic fans since 2006, never had one fail yet.

Back
Top Bottom