Looking to buy a Electric Guitar..

Associate
OP
Ah, that's something I didn't consider. I have no idea what single coil pickups are. It's a Ridgewood guitar.

Soldato
When plugged into the amp (turned on with volume up) it sounds like, and I know it's not, a acoustic guitar.

My friend mentioned a pedal? When I brought the package they didn't say anything about a pedal. I have included shots of the set up.

You're probably using the clean channel on your amp. Press the little overdrive button and turn the gain up. :)

Your friend's probably meaning some sort of overdrive or distortion pedal, which is (very basically) the same sort of idea as using the overdrive on your amp.

Soldato
So, I finally got around to buying one. But bearing in mind this is the first time I have ever picked one up and attempted to play it I have a question.

When plugged into the amp (turned on with volume up) it sounds like, and I know it's not, a acoustic guitar.

I thought that the first time I had my own electric guitar. You won't get a good distortion sound from a cheaper amp. Just buy a pedal. I have one of these which was used in some of the earlier Nirvana stuff. It's quite easy to look up bands and guitarists and see what eqiupment they use so just decide what sound you are after.

Back
Top Bottom