1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to buy Budget Gaming Laptop, please help!

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by JoelllH, 9 Nov 2017.

1. JoelllH

Associate

Ok so I have a budget of around $600-$800, I dont have the greatest of knowledge about gaming laptops and what specs I should be focusing on. But could someone please suggest some decent gaming laptops around this budget? I am not expecting to be able to run the most demanding of games at good frame rates, but this really is all I can afford to spend on a gaming laptop. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

2. StevieP

Soldato

You might struggle in here for specifics since this is predominantly a UK based forum - although a dedicated GPU is probably the first thing on the "must-have" list - but it all depends on the resolution you want to run games at and whether you want the niceties such as g-sync etc!

Personally I've went for a 2nd hand Gigabyte laptop with an i7, GTX1060 and 16GB or RAM - seems to do the business for me!

3. JoelllH

Associate

Thanks I’ll have a look at that, I’m currently in the UK so my budget is around £500-£750

4. StevieP

Soldato

You'll probably struggle to get a 1060 for that kind of money - I'd probably aim for something with a 1050 at that sort of price point!

5. JoelllH

Associate

I was thinking the same, is an i5 much of a downgrade from an i7 as well?

6. StevieP

Soldato

I think it depends on the clockspeed more than anything - have a look at www.cpubenchmark.net to compare the various CPU's (although make sure you select the "mobile" version that goes into laptops!

7. JoelllH

Associate

Oh thanks mate so clock speed is pretty important when choosing a gaming laptop? Not really sure what specs I should be prioritising

8. StevieP

Soldato

Not as important as the GPU I'd imagine - I'm no expert though!