Looking to buy number 8 360

Associate
Guys

Before I buy my 8th 360 console number 7 went back last week the Elite hard drive failed error code e68 then the console failed.

I have to play PGR4:)

So before I get my new 360 should I now try and source the new 360 lot number.

Lot #0734 this forum below is saying the halo 3 360s have the 65nm (Falcon) console can anyone with the halo 360 console confirm this.

Console made on or after 24th August 2007 have the new cpu.

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15804553

Associate
Perhaps it is 'better the devil you know than the devil you dont'. Who knows if these 'new' xbox's will have problems.

Richie.

Associate
Yeah i can understand one or maybe even at a stretch two failures, you must be heating it with a bunch of magnifying glasses or sumot. Im on number 1 for 14months and no problems at all as of yet.....here come the 3 red lights now i jynx'd it!

Associate
OP
All I am doing is using the console to play games and the machine packs up

The 360 Elite the hard drive gave a error e68 then the console just died so I took it back got a refund last week.

The consoles I had all had great airflow nothing blocked I guess I am unlucky I have a moan say never again will I buy a 360, then another good game comes out I want a 360 again:)

Soldato
Yeah i can understand one or maybe even at a stretch two failures, you must be heating it with a bunch of magnifying glasses or sumot. Im on number 1 for 14months and no problems at all as of yet.....here come the 3 red lights now i jynx'd it!

Microsoft send out refurbs to replace faulty consoles. From my own experience, these refurbs aren't fully tested and are sometimes faulty themselves.

Soldato
My 4th 360 console is close to failing completely now after 11 months. Locked up 6 times in the past 6 hours.

Soldato
i'd give up TBH, strill got my launch day console here and i personally know a fair few on their 2nd, but 8, thats taken things abit extreme, lol

Same here.My lanch day console is still going strong.

My mate is on his second.His other had some problems reading discs and he still has the console.The thing is he like to take things apart and try and fix it himself.His second console is only a few months old but he has voided the warrenty already by messing.

Soldato
Do you keep it beside a radiator?
4 seems a bit harsh, but 8 returned is plain ridiculous, either you're unlucky or you're keeping it in a bad spot. Personally I'm still on the 360 I bought in Jan 06

sw1

sw1

Associate
8!!!!!!, wow I would have given up by now. I'm amazed you keep going back given your luck

I got my core day one on launch day, that's all that was available, got all the bits on a work trips to the states to make it almost a premium and have never had anything wrong with it in the 2 years.

Happily sits on top of my sky box, maybe mines the last one left - A true collectors item like star wars figures ;o))

Back
Top Bottom