Looking to get low profile ram for Gigabyte b550i aorus ax pro rev.1

Associate
Hi guys;

I bought 2 sticks of Crucial Ballistix 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Desktop Gaming Memory (Black) BL2K16G32C16U4B. Only to discover that these sticks are not low profile, even though it was stated on the website.
So i don't make the same mistake again. Can anyone recommend me 2 low profile sticks please.

Associate
I believe Corsair LPX are low profile (about 34mm IIRC). Not sure if they measure the overall height or the height that sticks out of the board. I actually have some in the post so I'll measure them when they arrive if you like so you can check if they'll fit?

Associate
OP
I believe Corsair LPX are low profile (about 34mm IIRC). Not sure if they measure the overall height or the height that sticks out of the board. I actually have some in the post so I'll measure them when they arrive if you like so you can check if they'll fit?

I wont trouble you for it as i have just done a quick google and found this;

https://www.cgdirector.com/top-low-profile-ram/

G.Skill Aegis
TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z
Patriot Signature

Seem to be true low profile ram sticks. I just need to make sure these are compatible with the motherboard. I have found the QVL so i guess il just shift through it all and find what im after.

Thanks

Associate
I wont trouble you for it as i have just done a quick google and found this;

https://www.cgdirector.com/top-low-profile-ram/

G.Skill Aegis
TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z
Patriot Signature

Seem to be true low profile ram sticks. I just need to make sure these are compatible with the motherboard. I have found the QVL so i guess il just shift through it all and find what im after.

Thanks

Seem to be the same height as the aforementioned Corsair LPX so I guess 34mm is as low as you can go.

Associate
OP
From the link provided it looks like low profile RAM with heatsinks are 34mm and any without heatsinks are 31-32mm.
Im not smart enough to play with o/c ram and i just want modules that are compact enough for a sfc. So the heatsinks would just be nice but not needed.

Man of Honour
Every low profile stick I've had has been a right %&"$@ to remove from the slot, for some reason. Just a prior warning.

I think Kingston make some DDR4, but they might be too slow for you: KVR26N19S8L/8

Unfortunately the larger capacities all seem to be registered.

Associate
OP
Every low profile stick I've had has been a right %&"$@ to remove from the slot, for some reason. Just a prior warning.

I think Kingston make some DDR4, but they might be too slow for you: KVR26N19S8L/8

Unfortunately the larger capacities all seem to be registered.

Thanks for the heads up. Bought some crucial ballistic ram and didn't find that too difficult removing (if you're happy with low profile ram that isn't quite low profile) in case you are interested ;).

Fingers crossed the corsair don't trash my motherboard upon removal in the next several years or more.

Back
Top Bottom