Looking to upgrade pc, need advice

Associate
I believe I have built a garbage pc. I would like to upgrade but have been told I essentially need to replace every part, really just looking for advice on what I can salvage, if anything.
I would say my upper limit is £1k, but I'm more looking to optimise longevity with price, rather than amazing output, so if it's possible to run current gen games much cheaper than that, please let me know. The most recent update to Destiny 2 has rendered it unplayable on this computer.

The app "Speccy" has this listed as my componenets:
CPU
AMD A10-7870k

RAM
16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @938MHz

Motherboard
Gigabyte F2A67HM-HD2

Graphics
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Storage
223GB KINGSTON SSD

Thanks for your time

Associate
Well actually that's not too bad a system and I wouldn't consider replacing every part just yet. Focus on the graphics card first and see how it goes, since any new system you would need to replace the graphics card anyway. You could get a 1060, which will give a HUGE boost in performance or a 1070 which is a simply massive increase over the 960. The 1070 is somewhat overkill but a good investment if you think you might upgrade other bits and pieces in the near future. Only after that would I consider replacing the motherboard/CPU and RAM.

Soldato
The most recent update to Destiny 2 has rendered it unplayable on this computer.

Fire up Task Manager and GPU-Z on a second monitor and look at CPU and GPU usage while you play Destiny. That will tell you which components you need to upgrade.

Your PC is just below the recommended specifications so you should see decent performance if dial things down a notch or two.

Have you overclocked your CPU? If not, read this and invest in a decent CPU cooler.

And make sure your monitor is plugged in to the 960, not the motherboard!

Back
Top Bottom