• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Looks as though there's a slight bend in bracket? Could be wrong though!!!

Suspended
Just received a shiny new Leadtek 7900GS, opened the box, and looking through the protective wrapper, it looks like the bracket has a very very slight bend in it - do any of you guys envisage it being a problem? It's hard to tell, but it may just be I've got fish eyes or something, or maybe it's just an optical illusion! I'm doing a full build and I'm in work all week so probably won't start until saturday, so don't want to completely unwrap anything until then!!

If I can get hold of a mates camara I'll try and take a piccy - I think it's probably mainly optical illusion - in fact I'm probably acting crazy over nothing! Oh well, it's something to talk about :)

Cheers for any (comedy) responses! :D

Permabanned
dont be shocked, but your card is gay, its perfectly normal and may even perform better than its straight counterparts.

and at the very least all the colours will look FANTASTIC! :D

Man of Honour
I don't think I can top locutus12's response so I'll be a bit serious and say it is unlikely to be anything to worry about, the metal plate will not affect the card in any way so you could take it off the card and straighten it if necessary to get it to fit but chances are if it is a small bend it won't matter.

Associate
i'd give the rest of the card a once over before installing in your rig, look for what may be missing components or damaged tracking....

you never know with these cards... i'm shocked at the poor quality packaging that card manufacturers use, ther is oftern little or no support for the product in the box.

Soldato
I have a bend in my X1900XT-X, GeCube one, think ill have to get some pliers out and straighten it though! Not a major problem though!

Josh

Back
Top Bottom