Votes: 126 52.9%
  • The Bluebottle Fly

Votes: 112 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Both are utterly awful.

I'm bored with spending hours scraping the damn things off my front bumper just becuase they can't be bothered to look where they are going :o

Associate
I voted flesh fly. It isn't that much more cool looking, in fact I prefer the cool blue hue of the contender. However, the flesh fly has a much, much cooler name.

Soldato
didnt come into this thread seeing as i have never read the book :p very cryptive! its gotta be the bluebottle im a modern man and can see the positives of looking your best in the outside world!

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Flies are an integral part of society today. They are everywhere, and the class Insecta as a whole outnumber humans by 200 million to one. Just imagine what percentage of this are flies. We must each have our own little fly army!! How cool is that?

It's also important that we sort out our differences before we move in together :p

i wish we could control our individual fly army though :(

then we could really see who is lord of the flies, you could set your bluebottle army on lopez' flesh fly army for a battle!

Soldato
-AnthraX- said:
If a person with no moderation status were to make this thread it would have been locked.
Maybe, maybe not, but if you want to discuss that I suggest you take it to email with a Don, rather than derail a thread.

Soldato
I've got to come down on the side of the Flesh Fly. The blue bottle, with it's tufty little face and huge buggy eyes looks like the insect version of a Nissan Micra:
03d52488%20gold%20micra.jpg

While the Flesh Fly, apart from having a name out of some 80's horror movie looks like something altogether more menacing:
king-tiger-1-6-315b.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
-AnthraX- said:
If a person with no moderation status were to make this thread it would have been locked.
Well they didn't and it wasn't so tough luck. :)

Besides, I do actually try and put a little bit of effort into these threads, plus they are traditional :p in the past we've had Spider Monkeys vs Baboons and the SR-71 vs F117A.

Makes a change from "Hi I'm new" or "Help me does this girl fancy me I can't tell 'cos I'm socially inept" threads anyway.

I have to say that the Flesh Fly being ahead gives me a sense of satisfaction. Kate tried to back out lastnight by pretending that she accidentally picked the wrong fly - meaning to choose Greenbottle not Bluebottle for the poll. So typical of a woman losing an argument!

Associate
..and I came in ready for a theological debate about the themes in LOTF :o

As for the flies, I hate 'em all - they sit in poo and land on food. bleugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom