^ Lord of The Rings Online - Lifetime Sub Offer ^

Associate
ya cant have too many goats in mmo's !! apparently you can now get a black goat ? -possibly with red racing stripe, i havent seen it myself, but my friend who plays Lotro says and I quote "it looks ace"

Soldato
SO DAMN TEMPTING.

I only played the game for a one-week trial, but thought it was a pretty good MMO.

The credit card is literally vibrating in my wallet right now.

Who plays the game? Is it totally worth it?

Soldato
I wouldnt bother. I loved LOTRO, but i loved the shire and that was about it, and now the shire is very quiet :(

Im constantally getting free periods for LOTRO, AoC and all other mmo's ive ever played... but never WoW or EQ2, there are only 2 kings of mmo's and i think ive just mentioned them.

Cant wait for something to come out as well made as wow or eq2. Ill dig out my cape of +5 exploration and boots of hardness when the time is right.

Last edited:
Soldato
Umm... Aahh... Go on then. I've been playing the 10 day free trial for the last week, and loving it. My big hangup was the horror of paying monthly for a game I already bought. It's a bit steep, but I'll go for it.

Now, what servers do you folks play on? Does OcUK have a kinship anywhere? Any other noob-friendly kinships you folks can offer?

Soldato
If there isn't an OcUK Kinship, perhaps we should start one? I'm going to get the liftime sub as I keep going back, would be quite good to have a group of people from on here to get a load of the missions done with.

Associate
Eldar would be good as a lot of people from Snowbourne seem to have migrated over here and it seems like one of the busiest servers going at the moment.

Soldato
There is only Laurelin, every other server is just people practising to be good enough :p

On a serious note just because Laurelin is suffixed with 'RP' doesn't mean you have to roleplay, it's not forced on anybody. What you do get though is a vibrant world with things events going on all over the place and one of the most matur helpful communities in any mmorpg I have ever played. No shortage of population in low level areas either ;)

Man of Honour
would have thought this is the sign of a game going down the pan?
if they have to offer this kinda deal it can't be good, also this means LESS subs in the long run as people will not be paying in!

Yup, the riskiest time to get a lifetime sub. If you are going to get one, get it early on. Nearly every MMO will give you at least equal value to a lifetime sub before it folds.

Soldato
I seriously doubt LoTRO is going to fold, it hasn't even got to Rohan, yet, you see MMO's like SWG still going but holding on by a hairline but still getting new players subscribing and old players subscribing again for a couple of months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom