^ Lord of The Rings Online - Lifetime Sub Offer ^

Associate
played the game for quite a while from just after release, some of it was really good, its just a pity that they changed the raiding system so that in order to take part in the newly added raids, you need to have completed and got the armour pieces from previous raids(stupid radiance system).

Associate
I just grabbed a trial account of this, and am semi enjoying my time as a Minstrel currently on Snowbourne.

Any other OCUK'ers grabbing it? I find MMO's pretty boring solo, so want t give it a good shot with a group.

Soldato
There is only Laurelin, every other server is just people practising to be good enough :p

On a serious note just because Laurelin is suffixed with 'RP' doesn't mean you have to roleplay, it's not forced on anybody. What you do get though is a vibrant world with things events going on all over the place and one of the most matur helpful communities in any mmorpg I have ever played. No shortage of population in low level areas either ;)

I'll go with whatever server. How about a 3 way vote? Eldar, Snowbourne and Laurelin? Could start a new thread ala the Godless for Guild Wars.

Associate
i just bought a lifetime sub too - been waiting for it for a while, saw the offer for the US customers but it wasn't clear if the same offer was going to be made to the EU customers, glad it is.

re the game itself - it's certainly not perfect. i'm no lover of the lore, story or anything else, however you can't help but be immersed in it. the game looks really good, runs well and generally has a really good community. the thing i really like about it is there always seems to be something to do - rep, deeds, crafting, questing, raiding, instances or if i get bored i go and grind rep with the mrs in real life.

re the servers, people are on every server on these boards, personally I'm on Snowbourne in United Kingdoms. the radiance grind is a bit of a pain, however it is now much easier to get the stuff. it's changed to coins from specific drops for armour pieces, that means you can just do 2 or 3 instances rather than all of them (some are a real pain).

it's well worth the offer.

Associate
I'll go with whatever server. How about a 3 way vote? Eldar, Snowbourne and Laurelin? Could start a new thread ala the Godless for Guild Wars.

Your making a mistake by not including Gilrain, certainly the quietest server, always has been, but this has lead to a very close knit and intimate server community which is next to impossible to find on any other server on any other game today.

Soldato
Your making a mistake by not including Gilrain, certainly the quietest server, always has been, but this has lead to a very close knit and intimate server community which is next to impossible to find on any other server on any other game today.

Ok, 4 way vote then :p.

I'm coming back to it cause of the lifetime sub. I've been on and off since release and only have 2 chars on Snowbourne (44 Hunter, 10 Guardian). Spent most of my time messing about with mates in the Shire.

I'd quite like to start over when I get the expansions and that, knowing there would be OcUK'ers around to lend a hand (and lend a hand to) would be a huge bonus.

I personally never experienced the community side whilst playing (mainly due to drop in, drop out stuff) but now I have an excuse to stay!

Soldato

I like this idea, to be honest. No overrun resource fields or crowded region chat, and you really get to know the high rollers better. Reminds me of Thang. I'll be on Gilrain if anyone needs me, think I might roll a runekeeper this time and switch back to loremaster if I get bored.

Out of interest, what class would you folks recommend for runekeeper?

Soldato
With this influx of new OcUK folk, we really need someone to set up a kinship. Any takers?

Need to decide on a server and kin name first, I don't know if I'd be up to running it but I'd certainly take on an active role within.

I'm up for Gilrain if thats what people are swinging towards.

Soldato
Need to decide on a server and kin name first, I don't know if I'd be up to running it but I'd certainly take on an active role within.

I'm up for Gilrain if thats what people are swinging towards.

Ah, kin name. Needs a more imaginative twist than I possess. I'd be happy to play around on Gilrain for a bit, build up a few levels and do a few fellowship quests before posting up a kinship.

Associate
Played this waaaay back when it was released, spen the night downloading the client and just fired it up again, that life-time sub is very tempting now :p
Only got a Lore-Master upto lvl 18 back then thinking a fresh start is in order, Thinking of going for a champion.

Would be awesome if we got a OcUK kinship on the go as theres only so much of talking to myself i can take :D
Gonna go make a character on Gilrain now seeing as that seems to be the server of choice at the moment, if it does change then it's not a huge loss to reroll on another :)

Will be keeping an eye on this thread for updates on things :)

Last edited:
Soldato
God damnit, seems I've been playing the 10 day american trial. It won't register that I've bought the game on this client, and it looks like I'm facing another huge download. Any way to reconcile the account quickly?

Edit: Okay, I've abandoned that idea, uninstalled the stuff I had and went for a full download of the European client, Siege & Mines included. It's downloading at about 3.2k/s and I don't know why. Any ideas about how to speed it up? Peerblock isn't hampering anything as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah, kin name. Needs a more imaginative twist than I possess. I'd be happy to play around on Gilrain for a bit, build up a few levels and do a few fellowship quests before posting up a kinship.

I've just rolled a Captain on Gilrain (always wanted to play as one :) ) but it won't be too much bother to do it on another server.

My first ever LOTRO kin was "Kitty Has Reached Critical Mass". A name that beats that would be excellent.

Associate
God damnit, seems I've been playing the 10 day american trial. It won't register that I've bought the game on this client, and it looks like I'm facing another huge download. Any way to reconcile the account quickly?

Edit: Okay, I've abandoned that idea, uninstalled the stuff I had and went for a full download of the European client, Siege & Mines included. It's downloading at about 3.2k/s and I don't know why. Any ideas about how to speed it up? Peerblock isn't hampering anything as far as I can tell.

I think it's just shoddy servers, mine took hours last night on a 20mb connection :(

Soldato
Laurelian or bust for me.

I love the server and the community on that server, never played with a better community on any game. Not everyone roleplays but it makes a nice environment to be in as the majority are friendly and stay in character rather than running round screaming abuse and whining in general chat like another MMO I could mention.

Additionaly the fact that whilst not everyone roleplays most people obey roleplay rules in character names and even kinship names. Cant really recall seeing any stupid names like

My first ever LOTRO kin was "Kitty Has Reached Critical Mass".

No offense :p

It adds to my enjoyment of the game that people are getting in the spirit of the things rather than ridiculous names like "Deathknightkiller" or such gems as "palapowa" or other stupid poop like that.

Each to their own but getting away from, what to me at least, was a childish approach to an MMO to what seems like a more adult and immersive MMO is a great change. That level of enjoyment and the community is what keeps me with LOTRO rather than the "other" MMO as I dont really find much to differentiate between the two on gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom