^ Lord of The Rings Online - Lifetime Sub Offer ^

Soldato
God damnit, seems I've been playing the 10 day american trial. It won't register that I've bought the game on this client, and it looks like I'm facing another huge download. Any way to reconcile the account quickly?

Edit: Okay, I've abandoned that idea, uninstalled the stuff I had and went for a full download of the European client, Siege & Mines included. It's downloading at about 3.2k/s and I don't know why. Any ideas about how to speed it up? Peerblock isn't hampering anything as far as I can tell.

My mate is downloading the trial as well and complaining about the subpar speeds also.
There is a mirror of the 9GB+ client installer on gamershell and I normally get good speeds there.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_55882.shtml

Maybe worth a try?

Associate
Laurelian or bust for me.

I love the server and the community on that server, never played with a better community on any game. Not everyone roleplays but it makes a nice environment to be in as the majority are friendly and stay in character rather than running round screaming abuse and whining in general chat like another MMO I could mention.

Additionaly the fact that whilst not everyone roleplays most people obey roleplay rules in character names and even kinship names. Cant really recall seeing any stupid names like

No offense :p

It adds to my enjoyment of the game that people are getting in the spirit of the things rather than ridiculous names like "Deathknightkiller" or such gems as "palapowa" or other stupid poop like that.

Each to their own but getting away from, what to me at least, was a childish approach to an MMO to what seems like a more adult and immersive MMO is a great change. That level of enjoyment and the community is what keeps me with LOTRO rather than the "other" MMO as I dont really find much to differentiate between the two on gameplay.

Then you have OBVIOUSLY never given Gilrain a chance have you, been said by many people that Gilrain has the strongest community of any server, and is 100% not full of kids.

Soldato
No offense :p

It adds to my enjoyment of the game that people are getting in the spirit of the things rather than ridiculous names like "Deathknightkiller" or such gems as "palapowa" or other stupid poop like that.

Each to their own but getting away from, what to me at least, was a childish approach to an MMO to what seems like a more adult and immersive MMO is a great change. That level of enjoyment and the community is what keeps me with LOTRO rather than the "other" MMO as I dont really find much to differentiate between the two on gameplay.

None taken. It was set up around the time of release and disbanded around a few months later (about a week after I quit due to work). A lot of us were ex WoW and Guild Wars players so we were more used to just messing about rather than taking stuff a bit more seriously. I do quite enjoy getting in to the lore side of the game and I think that people following the trend does add to the immersion within the world. At the risk of further repeating myself, upon re-subbing I found a lack of community and as such I went in to a spiral of resubbing and quitting, hoping to find people to group with and lure me back in. If we can get an OcUK kinship going I'm sure I'll be sticking around for much longer!

Soldato
My mate is downloading the trial as well and complaining about the subpar speeds also.
There is a mirror of the 9GB+ client installer on gamershell and I normally get good speeds there.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_55882.shtml

Maybe worth a try?

Ahahahahaha! Left it on all night with the first option, 680MB downloaded when I just checked. Chucked up the Gamershell mirror in a paddy and it's going at 840k/s through Opera's base download window! Cheers!

Soldato
By the looks of things, Laurelin is going to be the server to start an OcUK Kinship and if you want, i could start a new thread requesting a poll with all the european servers and see which one comes out on top?

Soldato
It's not a PvP centric mmo. PvP is restricted to a single large zone with castles etc as objectives. You play as either the good guys (a freep - free peoples) with your normal toon, or you roll a max level bad guy - an orc, warg or spider (a creep). the creeps are only playable within the PvP zone.

It can be good fun, but it's certainly not the focus of the game.

Soldato
is this worth trying. i like wow but bored of the grind and lack of community...

what is the monthly sub then?

If you feel WoW has a grind then you'll most likely only enjoy lotro until you reach high levels when the legendary item grind begins...

Back
Top Bottom