1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost a mirror

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Josh107, 13 May 2010.

1. Josh107

Gangster

I live with my parents across the road from a primary school. Today when I got home from uni at about 3pm I parked my car on the road outside my house as my mum and dad were on the drive. Anyway as the hour of doom approached (3.30 to be precise) the morons (I use this term because although none of the parents live anywhere near they are all the kind of up themselves people that insist on bringing their kids here because it's considered a "good" school. Whatever that means).

Continuing on, these people being as stuck up as they are, do not believe the big yellow zig zags with the writing "NO PARKING" apply to them, so they park their large unecessary cars in a way to create kind of a chicane for other motorists wanting to use the road.

Enter into the fray a woman in a large landrover trying to navigate between the carefully arranged cars, naturally she failed, because her car was too large and the cars parked on the other side of the road were causing difficulty, which amounted to the loss of my drivers side wing mirror.
    Fantastic. Seeing the action unfold from a front row seat in my kitchen I decided the best course of action would be to run outside raging. The woman in the landrover noticed this and sped off. Probably for the best.

Although the story is obviously a bit biased who would you say was in the wrong? Should I be allowed to park outside my own house?

Mega lols were achieved later though when I realised there was a child left at the school who had seen mummy pull up and then speed off.

2. loltim

Capodecina

Why aren't you furious she drove off? Is it a company car?

3. Josh107

Gangster

Its my own car. Only got third party insurance too because I'm still young (19).

I guess I was mad at the time, if she hadn't have drove off I would have probably gone mental and smashed a load of stuff. Not too mad now though, I've had a scout round and mirrors are £20ish and I can fit one myself. Unless they do something drastic like sell the car or move the kids school then I'll see her again and sort it out.

4. Andelusion

Capodecina

I would have waited outside until she came back to pickup her brat tbh.

5. PardonTheWait

Capodecina

You should have cut one of his ears off. Fair's fair.

6. starfighter

Mobster

Should have got the numberplate or you can wait till she comes back tomorrow.

7. ganesh

Wise Guy

This.

8. Josh107

Gangster

I kept an eye out, in the end a teacher took it home.. Guess the mother must have rung up and made up some rubbish.

She should have stopped anyway, but then parents shouldn't have bin parked on the zigzags and the school should have bin moving them on. As long as it's not my fault for parking there? If I wasn't parked there another parent would have anyway, and I didn't really have anywhere else to go.

9. hurfdurf

Sgarrista

This

10. Mucky_Pup

Mobster

Wait till she returns, and smash her wing mirror off with a 2lb hammer.

11. Luke

Soldato

Report her for failing to stop. You know she'll be back, you know the school can identify her.
    Seems an easy one to resolve really.

12. SeatIbiza

Wise Guy

Are there parkign restrictions where you parked?

If not then of course it's not your fault. Even if there were parking restriction it would still not be your fault that SHE hit your car and then left the scene of a "technical" accident.

I'd await her arrival Monday with a stinger ;)

13. Datamonkey

Soldato

Its simple.

She failed to stop at the scene of an accident. Report it to the police.

Who's to say she hasnt done it before, parking her barge at Tesco or such, scraped the side of some poor sods car and then driven off?

I would report it, even if she just gets a ticking off from the old bill might shake her up a bit.

14. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Indeed, report to the old bill, and keep an eye out so you can get her number.

15. MrFunex

Wise Guy

This has 'mumsnet' written all over it...

Those of you who also read PH will know what I mean, for those that don't - click here

Last edited: 14 May 2010
  16. Josh107

Gangster

Lol I hear that, bin looking round and it doesn't seem like too much of a job to replace thankfully.

There arn't any parking restrictions outside my house, so I guess I'm completely in the clear then?

I'll keep my eye out for her too, if I don't see her next week I'll get the school involved. After a bit of a debate with some friends last night I've decided going down the official route would be better than the eye for an eye approach

17. loki101

Gangster

report to police and insurance, get her dealt with by the law.

18. Luke

Soldato

If you intend to do anything officially, report it straight away.