1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost hard drive space

Discussion in 'Storage Drives' started by Ken Boon, 16 Feb 2006.

1. Ken Boon

Associate

Need help here please people!

I recently installed a new WD 250GB hard drive. All I put on it was my OS (SP2'd up) and Counter Strike. I also formatted my other drive at the same time and now only use that for a few apps and mp3s etc.

I had a few probs installing windows so had to format both drives a number of times. As you can see from the pic my drive with OS and CSS now only has 118Gb free, meaning i have 'lost' the best part of 100GB.

I did move files between the two drives when formatting.

http://img466.imageshack.us/my.php?image=harddrive4zq.jpg

I've shown hidden files in folder options (nothing unusual there) and defragged, ran ccleaner on recycle bin.

Anyone know how I can get this space back?

Thanks!

2. Bomag

Wise Guy

I cannot see what you have a problem with. Your second HDD has a 128GB partition with the remaining 58gb unpartitioned. Either create a partition (E) with the remaining space or delete D (after copying the data over) and partition the whole disk as a single extended drive.

Re-read your post - to find where your 118gb of data on C is just click on properties until you find the one with a shed load of data. Then do the same for any sub-directories. If you have XP MCE then it probably be recorded tv. Do a search for 'recorded tv'

Last edited: 17 Feb 2006
  3. Ken Boon

Associate

Dont have a tv card.

I've gone through every single folder on C and there are none with large amounts of data.

I'll probably format and install windows AGAIN. But I'll be pretty hacked off if it doesn't sort it.

4. div0

Mobster

/edit

re-read the post, nevermind......