Lotus are making a hypercar. Meet the Type 130 - Evija

Soldato
No such thing as a lightweight EV :(

I really hope Lotus figure out how to make a sub 1 ton Elise when that goes electric. But I doubt it. Especially not with all the safety crap they have to add now too.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I look forward to bumping into one on the road, constantly seeing evoras etc as I live literally down the road from Hethel :D

Man of Honour
OP
I look forward to bumping into one on the road, constantly seeing evoras etc as I live literally down the road from Hethel :D

As do my parents. They haven't seen one yet. They have seen a wide arch Evora in yellow though. Apparently that's the new esprit test mule.

Caporegime
0 - 60 in <3 seconds and >200mph are very reserved claims for a car with those credentials, to the point where they are almost meaningless. 0 - 60 in <2 seconds and >300mph is what we should be reading! :D

It looks mega cool but I lost interest when I reached "fully electric" :(

Without all the noise and pantomime of an ICE more than half of the magic is gone.

I would love to feel the G forces and the immediate acceleration from the passenger seat, for the experience! I can't imagine what 0 - 186MPH in 9 seconds must feel like, and I want some of that!

If I'm in the drivers seat I want noise, I want soul, I want irregular power and torque curves, turbo lag, supercharger whine, the noise of ITB's trying to swallow the atmosphere. I want it to snarl and spit flames, I want to row gears, or at least set a mechanical process in motion by pulling on a paddle...

I want the power to come from thousands of miniature explosions a second punching a carefully crafted rotating assembly so fast that it is a blur. Not from a washing machine motor on amphetamines.

But I know that is the direction things are moving in, and I know why. It has to happen, and for the most part I am pleased that it is. For the good of our world. The only one we are likely to ever have. I just hope we can enjoy dinosaur burning cars for many more years.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thats what the T50 is for. I think that will be the last great proper car.

Mmm true enough.

To be honest, supercars get driven so little that they don't contribute much to the overall pollution coming from cars. If everyone who uses a car as a tool and couldn't care less what type of powertrain it has moves to electric cars, that would be problem solved. Leave the toys available for the enthusiasts.

Unfortunately the problem would then be the fact that it is no longer cost effective for manufacturers to develop ICE cars for such a reduced target market.

-big sigh-

Don't have to worry about it yet though!

Soldato
If I'm in the drivers seat I want noise, I want soul, I want irregular power and torque curves, turbo lag, supercharger whine, the noise of ITB's trying to swallow the atmosphere. I want it to snarl and spit flames, I want to row gears, or at least set a mechanical process in motion by pulling on a paddle...

Talk about cherry picking. :p

PS: You are still editing posts like 45 minutes after you make them!

Caporegime
Talk about cherry picking. :p

PS: You are still editing posts like 45 minutes after you make them!

I was just trying to be a bit poetic, I don't need any of those things to enjoy an ICE vehicle. They are just examples of things I love and an EV can't give me!

And yes, theres no law against it is there? :p

Man of Honour
OP
It's going to be a Toyota sourced 3.5 V6 Hybrid I thought?

Matches what I've heard. Will be around 500bhp though.

I know they're said recently that they are planning to go with fully electric range after the next car. :(

Shame, I remember Top Gear testing the Elise vs the Tesla Roadster, Tesla zoomed away, but corners.... Elise wins. And as it's a Lotus, that's the way it should be. Handling is king.

Back
Top Bottom