• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
He also picked up upon some subtle wording regarding weight... the 1400kg number is the least heavy version. Presumably that is the premium stripped out AMG version...?

Have we been blinded by the hype a bit? He does make a good point that it is not too dissimilar to the Evora but slightly less usable...?

Soldato
He also picked up upon some subtle wording regarding weight... the 1400kg number is the least heavy version. Presumably that is the premium stripped out AMG version...?

Have we been blinded by the hype a bit? He does make a good point that it is not too dissimilar to the Evora but slightly less usable...?

Worth noting that historically Lotus have quoted their weight as EU weight which includes 75kg for Driver (I must get on a diet) where as many other manufacturers quote DIN weight.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/...out-than-weight-up-against-its-closest-rivals

Interesting read.

Soldato

Don't forget these are the launch versions, we're at the equivalent of much prettier Cayman S & GTS right now. Hotter versions will be coming 2023/2024.

OcUK Staff
Mate went FOS today and said in flesh it’s even more stunning and interior is incredible, he has had Porsches, BMW M cars etc and he put a deposit down on one today in blue with yellow stitching and yellow calipers.

Can see it been a very popular car and selling very well. People see it and think 100k plus Supercar so the idea of it been 60-70k most people mindsets are bargain.

Soldato
Mate went FOS today and said in flesh it’s even more stunning and interior is incredible, he has had Porsches, BMW M cars etc and he put a deposit down on one today in blue with yellow stitching and yellow calipers.

Can see it been a very popular car and selling very well. People see it and think 100k plus Supercar so the idea of it been 60-70k most people mindsets are bargain.

I'm sure Lotus want to sell as many as they can, but I don't want it to become too popular

Soldato
If the BMW lot start buying them, say goodbye to the cheap insurance premiums :(

Sorry :D

Dealership called earlier and confirmed a few things that have been stated - but caveated with none of this is 100%.

V6 will be 400bhp - starting at circa 75k in manual or auto.
First Editions will be V6 with a number of extras / packs - at around 85k.
AMG 2.0 turbo will be 360bhp - detuned M139 engine from an A45, even the dealership said it could be tuned up and be lighter than the V6. DCT only, and available June/July.

They also said likely more colours available after the First Editions which will be limited to the current 6.

Also options for audio, brakes, suspension, and two additional packs, track and driver.

I'm excited, but as others have said this car very quickly becomes 80k.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry :D

Dealership called earlier and confirmed a few things that have been stated - but caveated with none of this is 100%.

V6 will be 400bhp - starting at circa 75k in manual or auto.
First Editions will be V6 with a number of extras / packs - at around 85k.
AMG 2.0 turbo will be 360bhp - detuned M139 engine from an A45, even the dealership said it could be tuned up and be lighter than the V6. DCT only, and available June/July.

They also said likely more colours available after the First Editions which will be limited to the current 6.

Also options for audio, brakes, suspension, and two additional packs, track and driver.

I'm excited, but as others have said this car very quickly becomes 80k.

It's very easy to get carried away with the options list, but that's the same for any car. The trick is to get what you need rather than what you want (easier said than done).

Compared with the 718, the Emira is very well equipped. I guess it will be more the driver focused options which will be made available (other than the KEF speakers) which is fair enough actually. Not every Emira will see a race track.

I'm hoping the AMG version with one or two options will still come in under £65k

Caporegime
It's very easy to get carried away with the options list, but that's the same for any car. The trick is to get what you need rather than what you want (easier said than done).

Lotus traditionally have fairly sensible option lists. It's not like Porsche where the option list is full of stuff that everyone who buys the car is going to want, and options can easily make up 25% of the price of the car.

Soldato
And then Porsche also charge you to remove stuff again (RS models) :D

The options on prevous Lotuses were things like carbon body panels. Things which are nice but you don't need. It won't make it harder to sell on by not having them.

Back
Top Bottom