• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I would have expected the M139, but what's puzzling is why they would have de-tuned it down to 360bhp, which is funnily enough the power output of the original M133.

Perhaps I misunderstood but I thought they were changing the turbo/supercharger setup to give better throttle response. These engines get a lot of power from the turbos so it may be more about that than detuning as such.

Soldato
In the past Lotus have used their own ECU and tunes, so you cant directly compare to the "stock" config really. The emissions stuff has also been different (less of it) and they rev much more freely.

Soldato
Was talking to a mate about this Emira earlier (he's a Lotus fanboi) and he called me a headcase because I said I'd have liked to have seen, and heard, a straight-6 in there.

OcUK Staff
Had a phone call and emails directly with Lotus today, both real enthusiast also, was really nice to speak with people who clearly love cars.

They did confirm something that seems to be a bit of rumour on the internet, the Emira is based on the Evora chassis, confirmed, but of course tweaked. :)

They also confirmed I am position 31 in the queue with my dealer, they did not confirm my overall position but did say if I order a First Edition V6 manual I would most likely get one of the very first batches of cars which are set to be RHD models so UK should get the first allocation of build slots, then LHD models will get some production to please other regions as they said they expected good demand, but expectations have been blown away.

Soldato
Lotus are great, it's not like talking to normal dealers. If you phone them with an issue they are really helpful. When I had a throttlebody problem on my Elise someone at Lotus Silverstone talked me through it over the phone.

Soldato
Had a phone call and emails directly with Lotus today, both real enthusiast also, was really nice to speak with people who clearly love cars.

They did confirm something that seems to be a bit of rumour on the internet, the Emira is based on the Evora chassis, confirmed, but of course tweaked. :)

They also confirmed I am position 31 in the queue with my dealer, they did not confirm my overall position but did say if I order a First Edition V6 manual I would most likely get one of the very first batches of cars which are set to be RHD models so UK should get the first allocation of build slots, then LHD models will get some production to please other regions as they said they expected good demand, but expectations have been blown away.

Gibbo, I'm slowly starting to come around to the idea of having a manual. Lotus HQ have tweeted they don't know at this point which engine is going in the sub 60k car. Everyone assumed it was the AMG, but could be the V6. Makes sense if the first edition is around £75k as it has 15k of extras on it.

OcUK Staff
Gibbo, I'm slowly starting to come around to the idea of having a manual. Lotus HQ have tweeted they don't know at this point which engine is going in the sub 60k car. Everyone assumed it was the AMG, but could be the V6. Makes sense if the first edition is around £75k as it has 15k of extras on it.

I for sure will go V6 manual, when speaking with Lotus earlier they did not confirm or deny when I asked about V6 eventually disappearing leaving just the i4 in the lineup, but with how regulations are going the V6 I am sure will no longer meet emission criteria in the future which will only leave the i4 as an options and of course hybrid options.

For me its V6 manual, either yellow or blue, black/yellow interior, silver forged wheels, kef stereo unless its thousands and not to sure about the drivers pack yet, if the track one is stuff like really firm suspension and cup tyres I might opt for the more road biased softer version, we shall see. I think come after 2025 the V6 cars will be sought after and even more so as time passes when they are a thing of the past. Of course the i4 DCT will no doubt be faster.

I also asked Lotus whether the manual V6 or i4 DCT which would be lighter, as I am sure a manual weighs less than a DCT but a V6 SC weighs more than an i4 turbo, my bet is i4 will still be lighter and more tuneable but V6 will have the sound and potentially better power band.

Soldato
If they are still using the Bilstein coilovers as standard the setup is really good for the road.

The Nitrons were the track option and really firm.

Back
Top Bottom